WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2002 E46 M3 // Build Thread

pynacl

• 1 month later...

Bought a new wheel setup finally! Sorry to disappoint they're just arc 8s. Just hard to argue the price and weight factor of these things. 

Apex ARC 8 18x9.5 +22 

Continental ExtremeContact Sport 265/35/18

Edit: I noticed the contis have a much more rounded side profile than the more square PS4S. Doesn’t look quite as good as the PS IMO, but makes clearance a bit easier.

EAB60072-6DEB-4384-B068-8C367D40677B.jpeg

D1BA3DF4-6C2F-4B03-9C75-341BF34E7677.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Retiring the “E46”plates in favor of collector plates. Always liked how clean and minimal MN’s collector plates looked, plus no more registration each season! They do give the option to do vanity collector plates but I preferred the anonymity this time around. Someone steal my old plates, quick!

87CE81AD-E04F-45D4-BCE2-A8A4E5DB392B.jpeg45191845-D0F1-4C83-9176-F5FDF725D676.jpeg

3 hours ago, SteelBlue said:

These are much better than our collector plates. The blue and red is horrid.

Doing a vanity plate with a collector plate is also a nice option that we also do not have.

This is a great color combination as well.

Agreed, the Wisconsin options are pretty ugly IMO. I am already kinda regretting not trying to get “E46” with collectors. Maybe in the future!

On 5/31/2023 at 7:09 PM, pynacl said:

Agreed, the Wisconsin options are pretty ugly IMO. I am already kinda regretting not trying to get “E46” with collectors. Maybe in the future!

You can do that in MN? We cant do vanity on collector or hobbyist plates in Wisco. I  painted my hobbyist plates about 5 years ago and never had issues. (Joking because my car never leaves my shop) 

IMG_4328.JPG

From what I understand, its illegal to alter the plates in any way (hell a license plate frame is considered illegal). On the other hand, any cop I have asked always says its NBD as long as its legible. Its in line with most modifications, be honest and polite when cops ask questions, you are more likely to get a warning.