WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1997 318ti Active Package on BaT

Rekpoint

6 hours ago, Boris3 said:

The pattern seem to be either a) steady bidding followed by mad frenzy, or b) a first wave of bids-a bit of quiet-then a second wave at the end. The fact that BaT keeps on extending the 2 minute window at the end if a new bid is posted has changed the the whole old style poaching strategy. Might as well wait rather than show your hand though a big statement bid can scare folks off (for example if the next bid is $10k).

You've got several bidders all within range of each other, and the ti supporters are saying good things. Second wave should be fun. 

Meanwhile we can wonder if the seller with the 1957 BMW 507 is worried over waiting to break $2 million?   

100% That 507 is baller as hell.

So there's a lot of chatter on BaT but no bidding.  If you can, you might want to post to gently nudge this back on track with something about how you appreciate all the interest, you're here to answer any last minute questions, love the car, looking forward to seeing this ti ending up in a good home, etc etc. 

logged in to BaT

read first comment:

"I hereby attest to telling my friend @Achman that, due to my being deep in a “House” marathon (“everybody lies”), it would be funny if I ended the story that way even though I DID believe him, and that he DID actually say “I’ll take one for the team.” :^)"

what? yup, business as usual with the useless posts and trolls. 

1 hour ago, REKIII said:

So.....$6500  Is that good or bad?

Good!, I figured by keeping my hopes high it would get past 8, $6800 final price.

Its going to go to a great new owner in New Jersey!.

47 minutes ago, Boris3 said:

Ah well, thought it would go for much more. No high 5 for me. 😞

Congrats on the sale! 

Thank you!