WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1997 318ti Active Package on BaT

Rekpoint

Hey Guys, Just wanted to post up my 1997 318ti that is currently live on Bring A Trailer!
If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out either here or preferably in the comment section of BAT!

This thread can double as price guesstimates as-well!  I was stunned it hit 5k in under 2 hours. 

Price is right rules whoever gets as close to the high bid gets a crisp high five!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-bmw-318ti-2/

16 minutes ago, Boris3 said:

Good to see the early interest. Since the ti is part e30 here’s hoping the the crazy escalation.of BaT e30 values spills over into this auction.

Fingers are crossed in our household. Anything over 8k would be amazing. Lets just shoot for 10k. Keep the bar high! lol

2 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

You did A nice job presenting the car.  I've always liked the TI body but I never knew they had any value over $5k. At the rate it's going my guess is $8200.

I appreciate the kind words Pat! I was expecting 6k, Not in the first 2 days though. So we will see where it goes.

If you think about it. Its harder to find a clean 318ti then a clean m3. The TI was an Economy car when new. This one had a sticker for 29k

9 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

I appreciate the kind words Pat! I was expecting 6k, Not in the first 2 days though. So we will see where it goes.

If you think about it. Its harder to find a clean 318ti then a clean m3. The TI was an Economy car when new. This one had a sticker for 29k

If you think about it it's harder to find a clean 93 Corolla than a clean Turbo Supra...

2 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I had a super clean 94 with an exhaust. Great car until I put a rod through the block.  We're talking about Corollas right?

Yessir. I think in general I've sent more clean Corollas then TI's but they also made millions of them in comparison.

Also I'll take $8700 Bob

45 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:
20 hours ago, YoungCR said:

I can't read the BaT comment without getting annoyed. Good on you for not losing your shit yet.

lol, You should see the facebook comments. I really wanted to lose my shit on the guy telling me my cars been repainted on the rear quarter but I had to hold back.

Stupid that I have to explain how Alaskan blue will change from purple to blue depending on the angle you are looking at and the angle the sun is hitting it.

https://www.facebook.com/bringatrailer/posts/10158966865790295

Hang in there. The idiots will crawl out from under their rocks as the auction progresses.

It was crazy in some of the e30M3 auctions earlier this year. If you’d click on the user names of the biggest trolls with their “expert” opinions most had never bid in an auction or put something up for auction. It got so bad that BaT finally started deleting and banning posts from some of them.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:22 PM, Boris3 said:

Hang in there. The idiots will crawl out from under their rocks as the auction progresses.

It was crazy in some of the e30M3 auctions earlier this year. If you’d click on the user names of the biggest trolls with their “expert” opinions most had never bid in an auction or put something up for auction. It got so bad that BaT finally started deleting and banning posts from some of them.

Idiots I tell you..

2 days left. Still at $6100, Surprised on the 0 bids this weekend!

The pattern seem to be either a) steady bidding followed by mad frenzy, or b) a first wave of bids-a bit of quiet-then a second wave at the end. The fact that BaT keeps on extending the 2 minute window at the end if a new bid is posted has changed the the whole old style poaching strategy. Might as well wait rather than show your hand though a big statement bid can scare folks off (for example if the next bid is $10k).

You've got several bidders all within range of each other, and the ti supporters are saying good things. Second wave should be fun. 

Meanwhile we can wonder if the seller with the 1957 BMW 507 is worried over waiting to break $2 million?