WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Secret Santa 2020 🎅

YoungCR

Got my gift shipped out this morning. Hope you enjoy novelty. :)

Finally opened my gift. A sweet poster from BMW CCA:

41_3944x.jpg?v=1553020408

This race was a little before my time, but thanks to the interwebs we're able to enjoy it anyway. Anything with Steve Evans announcing certainly takes me back. Can't wait until next year to get out to some races to smell race fuel and enjoy the sunshine.

I ordered my gift over a week and half ago, and while it was projected to arrive today, it looks like the tracking number provided through eBay isn’t even active yet on the USPS site 🙃 I apologize in advance, one of you is going to get a belated gift. I’ll be tossing in some stroopwafels as an apology. I will be messaging the seller to see what the deal is tonight. 

45 minutes ago, P_Roloff said:

I ordered my gift over a week and half ago, and while it was projected to arrive today, it looks like the tracking number provided through eBay isn’t even active yet on the USPS site 🙃 I apologize in advance, one of you is going to get a belated gift. I’ll be tossing in some stroopwafels as an apology. I will be messaging the seller to see what the deal is tonight. 

I've been having trouble with eBay/USPS as well (unrelated to secret santa). It's been "USPS awaiting item" since Dec 6th, and the seller said he dropped it off at the post office on Dec 7th...

I also forgot to post a few days ago but I did receive my gift!! I am not letting myself open it until mine is delivered. 

4 hours ago, m42b32 said:

I've been having trouble with eBay/USPS as well (unrelated to secret santa). It's been "USPS awaiting item" since Dec 6th, and the seller said he dropped it off at the post office on Dec 7th...

I also forgot to post a few days ago but I did receive my gift!! I am not letting myself open it until mine is delivered. 

F704B752-15E4-49EC-87B4-2295C6890B2D.jpeg

all jokes aside I’m sure with the current climate + the holidays they are slammed. Over Black Friday I had some packages that showed up 2 weeks later than the original delivery date, I just stopped looking at the tracking and looked forward to the surprise delivery lol. 

3 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Crazy right? I would think something ran by the government would have a 100% success rate 

I did learn something today and that is that private couriers like FedEx and UPS can refuse customers and this time of year they'll often turn off certain clients.  Those clients then have to find another means and often it's USPS who CANNOT legally refuse a reasonable and lawful delivery request.

Opened up my box this morning to find one of @B C's famous christmas renditions

Do you Hear What I Hear?

Said the girl friend of the 5er driver,
do you see what I see?
Right there on the dash, 5er driver,
do you see what I see?
A light, a light, flashing in the night
With a noise that gives you a fright
With a noise that gives you a fright

Said the brother of the 5er driver,
do you hear what I hear?
Clanking from the front, both could hear,
Yes I hear what you hear
A knock, a knock, coming from the block
You have got to be kidding me please
You have got to be kidding me please

Said the 5-er driver to his brother,
do you know what I know?
In your drain pan there's a shiny thing,
do you know what I know?
It's wild, it's wild the filter's not that old
But the drain pan is all filled with gold
But the drain pan is all filled with gold

Said Blackstone to the 5er driver,
Listen to what I say
Pray for luck, because we think you're fucked,
There is copper every-where!
There is copper every-where!

The oil, the oil, it really isn't right
That five twenty Is much much too light
That five twenty is much much too light

Enclosed was a Official BMW safety vest kit for when I inevitably get stranded by German reliablility and some hot sauce! Thanks Brian!

IMG_4685.jpeg

I was secretly hoping to cause some domestic conflict w/ whether this wood or wood not be allowed to to be hung up, but you having a shop took a little of the fun out of it.

Regardless, it's always fun to use the cnc at work for projects where tolerances don't matter.

deba8Cb.jpg

The key part is soft maple and the handle is "Peruvian Walnut", where "Peruvian" means imported and "Walnut" means brown; aka imported brown wood.