WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

G80 M3 Redemption

B C

A German company by the name of Prior Design (think about that one) will be making aesthetically pleasing bumpers for ///Mr.Toothy. Funny to think that typical buyer questions for M3s will now be:

E21: “did it really come with those M badges? I didn’t think there was an E21 M3...”

E30: “Is the dash cracked?”

E36: “Have the cooling system and VANOS been done?”

E46: “Have the subframe, VANOS, and rod bearings been done?”

E90: “Have the rod bearings and actuators been done?”

F80: “Has the crank hub been done, and can you please delete whatever app it has that makes it do that burble thing?”

G80: “Has the front end been done yet?”

8ACAE5C3-C8AA-4879-BF4A-CA7909687338.thumb.jpeg.076fa57fb29f999422f44702b0cc0746.jpeg

1BAAE467-1EA0-4EE2-AB48-6F4B7D4B0078.thumb.jpeg.7b4dfca144f502dac7588e09c517610b.jpeg

I would not be the least bit surprised  to see a good looking LCI In a few years now that they hopefully realize their errors.

When 2020 has you down, just know that there is hope for the future in a better looking G80

2 hours ago, YoungCR said:

I think it looks great, more or less a evolution of the G80 design. I'd really be surprised if BMW walked back on a LCI update, nobody likes to admit they were wrong.

I'd agree with this.  LCI updates haven't been huge changes in the past so I can't imagine they'd change the grill that drastically.  The aftermarket is going to kill it on these retrofit kits.

I still don't like it, but that looks WAY better than before. 

On 10/23/2020 at 6:18 AM, B C said:

E21: “did it really come with those M badges? I didn’t think there was an E21 M3...”

E30: “Is the dash cracked?”

E36: “Have the cooling system and VANOS been done?”

E46: “Have the subframe, VANOS, and rod bearings been done?”

E90: “Have the rod bearings and actuators been done?”

F80: “Has the crank hub been done, and can you please delete whatever app it has that makes it do that burble thing?”

🤣

On 10/23/2020 at 7:54 AM, YoungCR said:

I think it looks great, more or less a evolution of the G80 design. I'd really be surprised if BMW walked back on a LCI update, nobody likes to admit they were wrong.

it's not in the German psyche to admit defeat. They will double down on the design in making the grills even more Lexi like with a large tooth gap.