WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ILC finally gets a roadster

i_love_cars

I have been ghosting the forums for quite a while as I've been busy with building a garage and a small attached house to sleep in, so nothing BMW-related to discuss. I hope everyone has been well in this crazy ass year we are in. 

10/9/2020 finally acquired a 2007 Imola Z4MR that I have been seeking for many months now. It has been a rough search since the spec I want is not the most common - Imola over black, titanium or carbon trim, heated seats, no nav. Most of these cars are black, or have nav, and many Imola examples have woodgrain trim or a tan interior. 

I had a WTB post on zpost forums that got buried in the classifieds 5 months ago, but a kind soul tagged me a couple days ago on an example that had just gone up for sale on 10/7 and it was local in Waukesha. I pretty much assumed it was going to be a shitbox because how could I be so lucky to find an example that's decent for sale this locally to me? Turns out it is a really nice example very mechanically sound, interior is very good in all the places that matter - cupholders are fucked but who cares they were clearly an afterthought by BMW in the first place. None of the usual Z4 roadster issues are present like cracking center console or busted seat belt holsters. It desperately needs to be cleaned, and my detailer will have his hands on it soon for paint correction and coating since there are quite a few scuffs and expected chips from an 07 with 80k on the odo. 

The car came modded with aFe intake, Stromung mufflers, BBS CI-R wheels in 19" configuration, and ZHP shift knob.

It's interesting to drive after having owned the E46 M3 because while this car is decidedly an S54 power plant,  it is still somewhat removed because the Z4M has the same manual trans as the standard Z4 3.0, it does not have the same trans from an E46 M3. It doesn't feel the same. It's extremely fun to drive, just different. 

I don't have any big plans for this car so this thread will likely die but I wanted to have it here just in case.

z4mr.jpg

z4mr2.jpg

z4mr3.jpg

On 10/12/2020 at 9:06 PM, GunMetalGrey said:

Fixed

The ball is in your court...

Car looks awesome, I always like me a red vehicle, and the z4 with an s54 seems like the perfect combo!

Proper fix! Definitely have been roaming around today with the top down and heater blasting while it's in the 40s 😅  Stopped by LMT to say hi to TJ but he unfortunately did not have his roadster there 

As noted, I don't have any crazy plans for the car so this thread will be mostly dead but I did just get the car back today from my detailer. 4 days of paint correction, headlight restoration, ceramic coating the car and wheels with Kenzo IGL, and proper interior treatments. Photos don't do it justice - Imola is truly gorgeous when it is this cleaned up. He wet sanded the entire car. Just above and beyond service. It pretty much looks like a new car now. If you look extremely close you can find a couple blemishes still but the paint is 98% new car quality again. No more fog in the headlights either. 

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmRDYwyh

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...