WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Spec E30 for sale (not mine)

Boris3

Just in case anyone has been thinking of next level track fun. Andrew, the seller, is someone I knew from my NASA Midwest days. Buy it and come race it as is with us ex-SE30 folks in Midwestern Council's ITS class at events at BFR, Road America, Milwaukee Mile. Or drop an s52 in it and join in the transition to the revised ST classes.

Rich

----------------------------

Info from the seller:

I hate to do it, but the time has come to sell my Spec E30. I haven't raced the car since June 2018 and with the birth of a second child, I don't see any time in the foreseeable future that I will be able to race. This thing needs to be on track!

I built the car between 2008 and 2010. I competed in a season and a half of autocross, a couple years of HPDEs, a few years of Time Trials, then raced Spec E30 from 2016 on. The car saw roughly 4 race weekends per year. The car has a NASA logbook valid through the 2018 season. Some highlights below:

-1987 model year car with diving board bumpers
-SE30 Ground Control coilover suspension
-Momo Daytona seat that is expired but has a back brace
-Belts and nets good through 2022
-Rogue Engineering steering wheel quick release
-Mobius camera with dash switch included (flip the switch to start/stop recording)
-Fire bottle
-Spec E30 exhaust
-1 mismatched set of wheels and 1 matching set of Dforce wheels
-Random spares included
-Hardwired AMB transponder included
-Vorshlag camber plates
-Unknown mileage engine
-No ABS
-Probably not good for drivers over 5'10" with the current harness bar (seat is almost against the harness bar, I'm 5'9" and it fits me fine).
-NASA Logbook (last inspected for 2018)

The car ran flawlessly for me throughout its time as a race car. I did a stock rebuild in 2010 but never had it dynoed. I was able to run mid pack with it pretty easily. The car does burn oil, but it always has. It has never been crashed, though there is a small front fender wrinkle. It just needs fresh tires, a fluid flush, and brake pads.

Asking $9k. You can reach me at dandrewgilbert@gmail.com or 614-218-0622.

-Andrew Gilbert