WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Z3 Coupe content

Bassboy3313

1 hour ago, gilber33 said:

That is significantly better. Was there a sport suspension on the coupes that lowered a little more than what yours was? 

I am not too sure about that, but want to say no. The Z3M had different suspension than the non-M obviously, but other than that I am not certain there was another option.

• 3 weeks later...

Installed H&R sway bars with Ireland Engineering adjustable links today and man does that make a difference!! New bars are 28mm front/19mm rear compared to stock 26mm front/17mm rear. The flatness and response is like a go-kart. Can't wait to take it to Big Bear to get it all adjusted perfectly along with the coilovers. Gotta make an appointment this week. 

Yesterday I showed up with just below 3/4 tank of gas, assuming thats where the level will be more likely than not. With the lack of factory adjustments in rear and having no camber plates up front, this appointment was more so to get the sway links and coilovers adjusted correctly than a true alignment. My arbitrary settings that I had everything set at was actually just about spot on for corner balance besides the sway links. I was surprised. 

Here are my results. 

20200812_181113.jpg

20200812_181134.jpg

I will for sure need to weld in some camber/caster adjusters on the rear subframe as that is the only "really need inprovement" outcome. That will be a winter project most likely.

After all said and done, the car feels great! It tracks straight, feels more balanced and flatness in turns is fantastic. Even with the minimal alignment adjustments, it was worth the trip in my mind. 

Changed out the halogen headlight bulbs with some Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 LED bulbs. Love these! I first put them in my previous Dodge Magnum. The cutoff, color temp and brightness far exceed anything else I've used/seen. They are engineered to work in halogen housings or projector housings, so the pattern/cutoff is exactly how it should be. No stray light blinding oncoming traffic. Need to get a good picture of the cutoff against garage door one of these evenings.

20200818_164505.jpg

Halogens

20200818_162615.jpg

LEDs

20200818_164328.jpg

Next up is switching out the interior lights for LED replacements. I also ordered a footwell light kit from leatherz.com which allows a plug-n-play install of OEM style footwell lights that dim with the rest of interior lights when turning on/off. Pics of that coming when they arrive. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Did I miss something about that speaker set-up?  Is that factory?

I had to remove the entire rear interior when I did the coilovers in order to install the rear struts. In slowly changing the interior over to black which is why it hasn't been reinstalled yet. That speaker in picture is the OEM subwoofer with the OEM amp on other side. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...