WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2020 Autocross Events - visors down for safety!

m42b32

5 hours ago, B C said:It's also the wrong year to rent/borrow a helmet so I should work on getting my own. 

Snell 2020 helmets will come out later this year or early next. The Snell 2015 helmets are being cleared out so deals can be had. The 2015s will be good until 2025. 

Just a suggestion from your friendly neighborhood enabler.

47 minutes ago, KaiserRolls said:

CWSCC is hosting an event at USAIR on May 31. You can register for a morning or afternoon session (or both? Idk) 

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/cws-usair-solo-autocross-usa-international-raceway-central-wisconsin-637688

i registered for the morning to have some time to travel home 

"Few other changes
NO RIDERS whatsoever.  This includes instructors; no instructing available.  Sorry.
NO Spectators
NO Hugging"

Lol'd at the last one there

48 minutes ago, KaiserRolls said:

CWSCC is hosting an event at USAIR on May 31. You can register for a morning or afternoon session (or both? Idk) 

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/cws-usair-solo-autocross-usa-international-raceway-central-wisconsin-637688

i registered for the morning to have some time to travel home 

Do FVSCC and CWSCC memberships overlap?

• 2 weeks later...

Midwestern Council is finally up and running for this season:

Friday, July 3 at Blackhawk Farms has HPDE in the morning (three run groups, three 20 minute sessions each) followed by three hours of high speed AutoX runs (by class) in the afternoon.  $200 for the full day, or $150 for only the morning DE sessions.

Info is here:  https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/midwestern-council-summer-classic-hpde-hsax-1-blackhawk-farms-raceway-056695  

20 minutes ago, KaiserRolls said:

@Boris3 that sounds really good, do you know if they are offering instructors yet? 

Don’t know, sorry. The information about the whole weekend is in a pdf packet. You can access it from the link I posted. There should also be contact info. 

In addition to the Friday events, Saturday is a wheel-to-wheel race drivers school all day. Sunday is the wheel-to-wheel sprint races. Finally!!! April and May races were all cancelled. I’ve been going stir crazy.

• 4 weeks later...