WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Death to ED! (European Delivery not the other ED)

patsbimmer1

This sucks and I hope it's not permanent.  European Delivery has always been a goal of mine when I'm in a position to do something so extravagant.  Hopefully it gets opened up in the future!

Details:

1. May 18th will be the last day BMWNA will accept pre-reservation forms.
  2. The last month you can choose to do ED will be September 2020
  3. If you have placed a deposit for a 2021 model and would still like to take delivery within the timeframe stated, BMW will accept the pre reservation form without a production number. Once a production number is available BMW will assign accordingly. (as pricing/allocations is available you will be able to schedule delivery)
  4. Anyone who is scheduled currently to purchase a vehicle through ED will still be able to pick it up at the Welt through September 2020.
  5. If #4 applies to you, you will receive an email stating you will be able to complete your original delivery as scheduled.
  6. For the remaining orders which still qualify for European Delivery, these vehicles may not be operated on any racetracks or involved in any racing activities while they are in Europe.

Ultimate Delivery Experience Continues in SC as Sun Sets on European Delivery
European Program to Begin Phasing Out Operations in May

"As the global market has evolved and BMW NA sales volumes have shifted more heavily towards SAVs during the past several years, the Performance Center Delivery in Spartanburg, South Carolina has seen continuing growth. Since its beginning in 1999, Performance Center Delivery has grown to more than 28,000 vehicle deliveries, while European Delivery, which has delivered approximately 30,000 vehicles since the 1970s, has experienced a significant decline in participation. Although BMW NA has historically represented an average of 2,000 European Deliveries annually, such deliveries have declined in recent years to under 500. Based on these trends and long-term evaluation, BMW Group will end the European Delivery Program in 2020 and cease accepting reservations as of May 18, 2020.

Our delivery programs have always provided owners with the opportunity to expand their BMW ownership experience and while BMW Group is ending the European operation due to declining global demand, we are proud to continue offering the Ultimate Delivery Experience to our customers through the Performance Center in Spartanburg," said April Vigilante, department head, corporate & special sales, BMW NA. "We encourage all centers to leverage this exciting program to immerse customers in the culture of BMW at the Zentrum, explore the factory and experience the 'Ultimate Driving Machine' on the track."

I had always thought that would be cool to do if I ever had the money, but my interest in it started to fade away as the newer cars came out. 10 years ago I would've been extremely bummed at this news, but now I'm not that sad because they don't really make anything I'd want anyway. 

1 hour ago, m42b32 said:

I had always thought that would be cool to do if I ever had the money, but my interest in it started to fade away as the newer cars came out. 10 years ago I would've been extremely bummed at this news, but now I'm not that sad because they don't really make anything I'd want anyway. 

what about the ///Minivan?!

5 hours ago, m42b32 said:

I understand but also have a hard time believing that if you or many others with this sentiment who have a passion for driving high end sports sedans had the means to buy a new M5 or other high end sports saloon as a 3rd, 4th whatever vehicle you'd pass on it.  You might say damn, I wish I were in my e30 right now as you sip a fine German Riesling in the countryside just close enough to the Nurburgring to hear manufacturer testing but I don't think it would have been any worse of an experience in a new BMW now than it would have been 10 or 20 years ago.