WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Calling all E36 Owners!!!

Rekpoint

I am partnering up with a major carbon fiber manufacturer for BMWs to make an E36 line of Carbon Fiber parts.

We want to start with one product to gauge interest, and if there is enough we have plans to make more and more pieces for the E36 chassis.

It would mean a lot to me if you could take minute and fill out this poll on what you would want to see made first!

https://forms.gle/K9uND4P5csAZYemy6

3 hours ago, m42b32 said:

I always wanted an ACS style lip on my car (so that's what I voted for), but never wanted to pay for carbon lips because I'll inevitably drive over it

Might want to be careful imitating ACS parts, or at least don't use their name with your part if that's what you make, they've been known to crack down on 'reps'

attachment.php?attachmentid=23886&stc=1&

We are very aware of that, As of now we have over 186 votes. The euro radiator cover won the vote. So that is the product we are going to start with and depending on success move on from there. 

36 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

probably some non-liability options out there. strut bars? sun roof panel? trunk lid? underbody trays? front bumper support? 

Sunroof panel will be in the works here soon assuming the CF radiator cover does decent.

We have a whole list of stuff, Front lips, interior CF sets, carbon oem rear diffuser, possibly a Carbon ltw spoiler.

We want to start small and "Decently" affordable at first. If we come out with CF doors or Trunks prices will be high and very little people will buy them. Start small, work our way up. This is my partners first en-devour into the E36/Older bmw world. Im trying to set us both up for success to keep this alive and hopefully make some cool pieces for the E36 AND E30 chassis. He recently bought an e30 so e30 stuff will be also in the works.

The original buy in and mold making etc is a huge cost, not to mention shipping a door, and that would only increase the price. 

1 hour ago, straight6pwr said:

why not make something that actually benefits from being CF instead of just being bling?

Unfortunately as much as I love "Functional carbon fiber" the market is really on the bling bling side of things. So thats kind of what we need to target first.