• Pretty much a master
    • Top notch
    • I taught Senna
    • Shift King
    • I make DCTs self-conscious
    • CYoung
    • (Sample Text)
    • Full of shift

On a serious note though, you all practice better techniques on a daily basis driving synchronized transmissions. My skills really don't translate at all and hurt me initially when I jump in a manual car right away after driving the semi, I really have to focus on what I'm doing to get reorientated. Floating gears from 1500 rpm to 1200rpm to grab the next gear wouldn't even apply to driving a race car as that actually requires double-clutching because of the much broader powerband/rev rang . I'd really like to experience driving a straight-cut geared transmission in a car application though to see the differences and to hear those gears whine 😎

For anyone who hasn't watched Matt Farah's manual driving 2 part series, its a good refresher/reminder of best practices. I've always taught people to driving this way even before I watched this. Each car is different so the engagement point really is key. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, wasnt m3 said:

I'm just surprised you don't have a view of a service department through the windshield.

Et tu?

8 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Does it do the thing where if it's on high you can spin it and it keeps spinning!?

I....don't know...