WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Snap Understeer. I am a survivor living in New Berlin. I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. I will be at the National Avenue Qdoba everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky. If you are out there... if anyone is out there... I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security. If there's anybody out there... anybody... please. You are not alone.

11 minutes ago, B C said:

I will be at the National Avenue Qdoba everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky.

Now you're talking!

In all seriousness, the mad rush to the stores to buy toilet paper and similar is a bit aggravating, hopefully it won't become something that we have a true shortage of and that people can't get on a normal basis due to the selfishness and shortsightedness of a few.

My school (MSOE) suspended all classes for a week, and then will be going online after that until at least early April. Crazy stuff.

Definitely should've ordered the shifter rebuild parts though, this week would be a perfect time to do it.

1 hour ago, P_Roloff said:

Now you're talking!

In all seriousness, the mad rush to the stores to buy toilet paper and similar is a bit aggravating, hopefully it won't become something that we have a true shortage of and that people can't get on a normal basis due to the selfishness and shortsightedness of a few.

My school (MSOE) suspended all classes for a week, and then will be going online after that until at least early April. Crazy stuff.

Definitely should've ordered the shifter rebuild parts though, this week would be a perfect time to do it.

UWEC did the same thing. My last semester and I'm pretty much done going to campus I guess. Gonna be interesting

I teach at Marquette. Spring break ends this week, and next week per today's announcement the excitement starts. A "transition" week starts 3/16 where we're still supposed be requiring assignments but no class meetings, and then following week until 4/10 everything shifts to online instruction. Students to stay away from campus from 3/16 - 4/10. I expect it will go longer as well.

Interesting indeed.  

13 minutes ago, KaiserRolls said:

Luckily for me I don’t really go outside anyways, or hang out with people. 

time for you guys to join me on iracing

37159919-CFCB-4451-8C5E-5EA3AF280FFF.jpeg

You are not actually lying.  I believe Chris and I may be the only people to have seen where you poop and eat your meals.  I'm going on a limb and saying your dog misses me.

1 hour ago, gilber33 said:

Wife's trust fund lost a lot of money in the stock market in February. Scared to see March's report. 

Yeah, that's probably going to be depressing to look at. If you hang on to your stocks the value will come back, but the way things are going it may take a while...Untitled.png

2 minutes ago, HipMF said:

Yeah, that's probably going to be depressing to look at. If you hang on to your stocks the value will come back, but the way things are going it may take a while...

We're using part of it to do an addition to our home this summer - while we'll still be fine to do it, it would be nice to see SOME recovery to the stock market by then.

I'm crossing my fingers that the virus runs its course for a few weeks and then the exponential growth of it levels off and people start investing again and the market starts improving. 

I think the hope for everyone is that this is short lived.  Wife and I own 2 businesses, mine can function completely fine with quarantine and internet.  That's IF I still have work to do.  Economy plays a part in that.  My wifes business might be dead in the water.  We're all just holding our breath.

School Districts are starting to announce 4 week closures.  My kids are old enough to stay home alone, but this will effect A LOT of people.

This is definitely history in the making every day.

It's odd just leaving the house to do normal things like grocery shop. I never thought I'd walk in and pick n save would be out of eggs and bagged salads along with other mundane things.  You can tell that some people are preparing for the end of days while others are just pissed they can't buy toilet paper. It's raised the social temperature a bit and it's uneasy.  I'm trying to balance the right amount of concern and level headedness. My 4 year old is concerned about going to the gym because he heard "the virus is killing people".  Thankfully we have an open and honest relationship so when I tell him yes people have died but I won't put you in that situation he feels better but he's still 4 fucking years old and can't comprehend the whole scenario.  I just want to rip in my M3 and smile because it's getting warmer.  Is that too much to ask?

21 hours ago, gilber33 said:

We're using part of it to do an addition to our home this summer - while we'll still be fine to do it, it would be nice to see SOME recovery to the stock market by then.

I'm crossing my fingers that the virus runs its course for a few weeks and then the exponential growth of it levels off and people start investing again and the market starts improving. 

I got in and out of El Primo in record time at lunch on Friday. Usually it's packed, but the place was about half as busy as normal and I was the only white guy there. And yet Woodman's was paaacked.

Edit: wow. wrong quote...

22 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

It's odd just leaving the house to do normal things like grocery shop. I never thought I'd walk in and pick n save would be out of eggs and bagged salads along with other mundane things.  You can tell that some people are preparing for the end of days while others are just pissed they can't buy toilet paper. It's raised the social temperature a bit and it's uneasy.  I'm trying to balance the right amount of concern and level headedness. My 4 year old is concerned about going to the gym because he heard "the virus is killing people".  Thankfully we have an open and honest relationship so when I tell him yes people have died but I won't put you in that situation he feels better but he's still 4 fucking years old and can't comprehend the whole scenario.  I just want to rip in my M3 and smile because it's getting warmer.  Is that too much to ask?

I went to Costco because I needed formula. That’s it. And I was dreading going because I knew what it was going to be like. I was completely right, and it was super frustrating. I had one thing. People had carts full of just water. People know their faucets will continue to work, right? 

I have this vision in my head when we leave the house of cars burning on the side of the road, houses boarded up, people pounding on our car windows for help when we’re at a stop sign. Basically all of the scenes from “end of the world” movies because that’s how this is being portrayed in the media. 

14 hours ago, HipMF said:

I got in and out of El Primo in record time at lunch on Friday. Usually it's packed, but the place was about half as busy as normal and I was the only white guy there. And yet Woodman's was paaacked.

Edit: wow. wrong quote...

I was trying to figure out how what you were saying related to my post. Haha. 

On 3/14/2020 at 1:44 AM, patsbimmer1 said:

I'm trying to balance the right amount of concern and level headedness.

i imagine it would be much harder to not go into 'worst case scenario' planning with kids depending on you. i am very happy, though, that the disease is not greatly affecting kids - parents would be going crazy (rightfully so) which would make things worse. i think we'll see some much bigger signs before we all need to start really going ape with supplies, water, etc.

On 3/12/2020 at 7:53 PM, patsbimmer1 said:

You are not actually lying.  I believe Chris and I may be the only people to have seen where you poop and eat your meals.  I'm going on a limb and saying your dog misses me.

I'll be there for the Boogaloo, the secret hideout. 

Costco by me had a line to get in, I just left instead.
Grocery stores are getting cleaned out, which is understandable with the quarantine talk, but the wiped out (pun intended) toilet paper and towel aisle is wild.