WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

BMW has a 'new' logo

m42b32

11 minutes ago, B C said:

I'm anxiously awaiting the G80 M3 full reveal to see how horrible the bucky beaver grille is. Im not sure if I will warm up to this one after 10 years of getting used to it.

I couldn't agree more. If it's anything remotely like the renderings I'll be sorely disappointed...

I'm hoping this is all just a long con and they'll go "SURPRISE" and release a couple really nice looking sedans and wagons that are fun to drive and have a manual trans as an option. 

29 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

but, now replacing your emblem will cost 3x as much, so they've got that. 1 part is now 5 parts

I can already see the forum posts in 20 years.

The "B" on my roundel fell off and got sucked into the grille of my 2025 399i xdrive sportcoupe gransedan. Anyone have a spare B laying around? Trying to avoid the $300 for a new one since they wont sell parts separately. 

34 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

The "B" on my roundel fell off and got sucked into the grille of my 2025 399i xdrive sportcoupe gransedan. Anyone have a spare B laying around? Trying to avoid the $300 for a new one since they wont sell parts separately. 

It's the future, 3D print a new one.

I think it looks fine, but agree with all of the other criticisms.

To: [BMW-All]
Subject: Going All In

——————

Attachments: [thisisactuallyit.png]

——————

Hey shitheads,

I made friends with an artist last week on my trip to Geneva. Long story short: We’re pulling out all the stops and going all in for 2020. See attachment.

-CEO

2 hours ago, B C said:

Subject: Going All In

——————

Attachments: [thisisactuallyit.png]

——————

Hey shitheads,

I made friends with an artist last week on my trip to Geneva. Long story short: We’re pulling out all the stops and going all in for 2020. See attachment.

-CEO

Subject: Reply: Going All In

Team,

Looks like I contracted COVID-19 while in Geneva lololol.  I guess they cancelled it for a reason, oh well #travelbug.  As a reminder, reviews are coming up shortly and in light of my recent diagnosis I have decided that the lowest score gets coughed on.

-CEO

P.S. Whats the status on the G80 grille?  Hans told me we actually built that shit I scribbled in Ibiza... 

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say that I really don’t mind it for promotional items, I never really loved the look of the 3D logo they’ve been using on their stuff for the past two decades, it’s come to look more and more dated IMO. As long as the vehicle logos don’t change, I’m good with it. 
However, I’d very much like it if they’d cut the whole  “promotes openness and clarity” thing. Yeesh.