WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1988 E30 - sold

KaiserRolls

Kind of tossing this around lately. My red coupe is just sitting in storage and I think I’d like to sell it. I’ve thought about parting it out, but I don’t have the time/patience to deal with that. 
here’s the details (list is sporadic) 

Mishimoto radiator/silicone hoses

Condor solid engine mounts

Garagistic weld in subframe reinforcements (F&R)

Both subframes stripped and POR-15’d

Every bushing has been replaced with poly

New Lemforder control arms

New rear wheel bearings 

Hawk HT-10 front pads

Hawk street race rear pads

Brembo blank rotors

Porsche 944 brake booster 

E36 rack

New inner and outer e36 tie rods

Chase bays ABS delete/proportioning valve

Chase bays full brakeline kit

2.93 LSD 

Getrag 260

Trans brace for g260 when used with 24v swap 

E21 cupped trans mounts

Zhp shift knob

UUC DSSR shift linkage

FX racing lightweight flywheel

FX racing stage 2 clutch 

Stainless braided clutch master line

HR race springs

Bilstein sport shocks 

E90 drop hats (I think? @B C can you confirm)

S50B30 (1995 m3 donor)

Random new longtube headers 

E36(ish) exhaust

Most gaskets replaced

New knock sensors

New VANOS feed line

Beisan VANOS repair/anti rattle 

New crank position sensor 

ARP head studs

JE cutring headgasket 

Head decked & pressure tested 

Red or silver label 413 ECU w/sssquid tuning chip

Plastic bumpers

Red46 skid plate 

ST sway bars front and rear 

Turner motorsports rear sway bar trunk reinforcements

newish aftermarket black carpet (fit is so-so)

dash is decent and IIRC only has a few small cracks above the glove box 

momo hub adapter for steering wheel

shell isn’t super perfect by any means. Typical e30 rust, was a MN car for some of its life. Has 2 new front fenders. 

photos in storage unit are current (Tan seats) - (I’m sorry I know the photos suck) I can get more pics if interested. 
Bring your own wheels. I’ll probably keep the sparco steering wheel. Trans/driveshaft/radiator are in the trunk. Intake manifold side of engine bay is partially disassembled from when I removed the trans. 

if you guys have any questions at all please let me know. 

$old 

C06B6B9F-BD91-4ECF-8C48-2D554DDFD706.jpeg

B00F57B0-229D-4FCD-B7E5-62038912F735.jpeg

B01F52A2-57D2-46CF-ABB5-5675E91266FC.jpeg

7 minutes ago, The Full Banana said:

This is really quite tempting. 

What is missing for it to be a driver other than wheels and a steering wheel (plus a healthy amount of reassembly)?

Clutch slave cylinder (I broke it on accident), definitely should drain the gas (been sitting for A few years now) probably fuel pump/filter at the same time if you wanted. Bleed brakes, add the regular fluids and such. I believe it needs one valve cover stud. I have the stock injectors, but they have been in a plastic baggy for about a year and a half now.When I broke the axle it was running great lol -  it’s only been ran a few times in the last few years, when I stored it I put some marvel mystery oil in it and turned it over.
if I think of anything else I’ll add it. 

Some additional body pics might help. "Typical e30 rust" can mean some combination of rotted trunk wells, rear apron, rockers, floor pans, frame rails, and door skins and seams as well fender rot (which has been addressed in this case).  Levels of rust tolerance for a project car also vary given the diverse skill set of folks with cutting, welding, and POR-15 slinging. Rear of the car looks pretty clean from the pics in the thread. A little more detail and pics of the typical problem areas might help set a hook in someone. 

50 minutes ago, Boris3 said:

Some additional body pics might help. "Typical e30 rust" can mean some combination of rotted trunk wells, rear apron, rockers, floor pans, frame rails, and door skins and seams as well fender rot (which has been addressed in this case).  Levels of rust tolerance for a project car also vary given the diverse skill set of folks with cutting, welding, and POR-15 slinging. Rear of the car looks pretty clean from the pics in the thread. A little more detail and pics of the typical problem areas might help set a hook in someone. 

I made this post before I had more photos. Just got back from storage and took a bunch of pics. Will post soon