WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New Website

REKIII

Not bad for your first site!
In your "What we do" and "Our work" section the photo swipe feels aggressive, almost made me dizzy. I also didn't have enough time to check out what you do in each photo!

"Whether we are designing new assemblies in SolidWorks, 3D Printing parts, or Prototyping your ideas, we will get you what you need."
Something about the "what we do" statement on your homepage was bugging me. I still can't pinpoint what it was, but that's my thought on it. 

Nice looking building! 
I always enjoy seeing other engineering / design / fabrication setups!

Thanks guys.  

What do you recommend slowing the swipe down to?  I was afraid if someone is hopping around the site they wouldn't see that it was a slide show.  I think it's 1.5 or 2 seconds right now.  Easy to slow, just need a recommendation.  

At some point I want to split up the 'what we do' into different categories, like 3D printing, Fabrication, Mechanical design, etc.  Trying to come up with a clean way to do that.  Definitely a work in progress, and I really appreciate the feedback.

graphic design suggestions:

1. more white space between the scrolling image frame at the top and the title text below.

2. make sure the design works for mobile screens too. its a tough balance, but I doubt you want to make a whole separate format for mobile devices.

3. think about a new version of your logo. i don't know how far into the rabbit hole you are with your branding, or far you intend to go, but if you havent invested a ton of money into signs, business cards, tshirts, etc etc, I think it could be better.

general internet presence suggestions:

1. get a couple videos on your website. I'm not saying you need to hire a social media person and launch a campaign, but, bitches love videos.

2 hours ago, Nick_F said:

@straight6pwr is right though, bitches do love videos

2 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

1. get a couple videos on your website. I'm not saying you need to hire a social media person and launch a campaign, but, bitches love videos.

I think I know a guy...

"WHAT'S UP YOU GUYS?! This is Jake Spence.com here at C2S!" 

Just sayin'

15 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I think I know a guy...

"WHAT'S UP YOU GUYS?! This is Jake Spence.com here at C2S!" 

Just sayin'

Ha!  So true, but he wouldn't even follow me on instagram, in the short time before I had to leave it.  He's too famous for any of us peasants now.  lol.

18 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

graphic design suggestions:

1. more white space between the scrolling image frame at the top and the title text below.

2. make sure the design works for mobile screens too. its a tough balance, but I doubt you want to make a whole separate format for mobile devices.

3. think about a new version of your logo. i don't know how far into the rabbit hole you are with your branding, or far you intend to go, but if you havent invested a ton of money into signs, business cards, tshirts, etc etc, I think it could be better.

general internet presence suggestions:

1. - Which page...all of them?  Sorry, don't understand, but I do like whitespace!  Unless that makes me racist.

2. - Part of the developer lets you toggle between computer and mobile.  It looks ok and works, but that is about it.

3. - We've spent quite a bit on this logo, it's probably gen 4 or 5 over the years.  I'm not opposed to re-branding, just not too excited about it.  How do you think it could be improved?

2nd. 1. - In process sort of.  Not sure videos are in order as I am a really ugly dude, but I speak well, so podcasts are on cue, and maybe some voice-over vids.

Again, I really appreciate all the feedback.  We are making an effort to reach out to new companies for new design work.  Being business to business can be tough to get the right eyes on your stuff, so when those eyes do get there, I'd like them to be informed and possibly even impressed.

57 minutes ago, REKIII said:

1. - Which page...all of them?  Sorry, don't understand, but I do like whitespace!  Unless that makes me racist.

2. - Part of the developer lets you toggle between computer and mobile.  It looks ok and works, but that is about it.

3. - We've spent quite a bit on this logo, it's probably gen 4 or 5 over the years.  I'm not opposed to re-branding, just not too excited about it.  How do you think it could be improved?

2nd. 1. - In process sort of.  Not sure videos are in order as I am a really ugly dude, but I speak well, so podcasts are on cue, and maybe some voice-over vids.

Again, I really appreciate all the feedback.  We are making an effort to reach out to new companies for new design work.  Being business to business can be tough to get the right eyes on your stuff, so when those eyes do get there, I'd like them to be informed and possibly even impressed.

You don't have to be in the video, or even say anything.  For example, check out the background video from this website:https://www.kickrdesign.com/ Its all just b-roll type footage, which is fun and interesting to someone looking for prototyping services.

I think the dark-light-dark gradient and different outlines on the logo seem a little outdated to me. Reminds me of Microsoft WordArt. IMHO less detail, and maybe some sort of graphic that nods to mechanical design would be beneficial.

WordArt.jpg.306cb19e442b12415f595a7682f00ada.jpg

Whitespace location:

WebBefore.thumb.jpg.97894e523c9c24a99d7a1fe56f06031b.jpg

After adding a little bit of whitespace:

WebAfter.thumb.jpg.84675fc33f5716079c9a75b7aab27c24.jpg

White space added, I like it.  I understand what you are saying with the gradient and lines.  It was supposed to give it a 3Dimensional look, and I'm old so I thought that was cool.  I just had the logo revised in black and what and greyscale these were so I could create handouts with an embossing on them:

image.png

image.png

image.png

And he made one in pink because he's a funny guy.  But now we can support breast cancer research, lol.

image.png

1 hour ago, SteelBlue said:

Can you isolate the text from your pictures more on the landing page?

Text kind of gets lost in between the images.

Isolate how.  With more whitespace or borders.  I definitely see what you are talking about, where the text gets lost.

1 hour ago, The Full Banana said:

If you wanted to run with it and needed additional logo, branding collateral work, I could potentially be interested in working out some sort of trade for some waterjet, CNC, etc time... Just to throw that out there. You are rather conveniently just down the road from me. 

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind.