WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

GONE: e30 4.10 open differential, small case

Boris3

I've got a 4.10 open differential, small case, I pulled from my 1991 318is. Rough guess is 250-260k on it when pulled in March 2018 for a lower mileage LSD. Drivers output shaft seal leaks, and I've noticed a bit of input shaft noise since it's been sitting. Redline 75/90 used since 2012 when I bought the car, and new bushing in 2016. Kept this thinking that I would just take apart and rebuild as a learning process but that hasn't happened.

Not sure what this is worth. SO FREE

IMG_2778.JPG 

IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

So another year has come and gone and this small case old open 4.10 diff is still sitting in my garage untouched.

For 2020: FREE to whoever wants it...but you have to come get it.

The perfect solution for winter boredom: rebuild it on the off chance someone wants an open diff, hours of entertainment and much better than a cheap cardboard puzzle on your kitchen table, a throwaway unit to practice your diff welding skills, use it for feats of strength with your friends (annual WI Bimmers diff toss competition??), avoid embarrasing calls to AAA or EMTs and use it instead of your car or rocks in your pockets to test whether the ice is safe on a lake, help someone avoid getting this lump as a secret Santa gift.

In short, the possibilities are endless.