WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New guy - F30 335i

pynacl

Hey guys, I'm Jake, from the Eau Claire area! I'm pretty new to BMWs in general, but picked up this 335i last year @35k miles. It's Alpine white with coral red interior, pretty much bone stock, just slapped some HRE FF01s on it along with some BC BR coilovers. Super pumped to begin the modding process here once the warranty expires. Let me know if you guys have any questions!

2015_335i.jpg

On 9/21/2019 at 11:56 AM, YoungCR said:

Welcome! Are those the M Performance side skirts? Car looks mean, really like the wheels. 

Yep just the OEM M Performance aero kit stuff. I really like it but thinking about getting slightly more aggressive carbon skirts. Appreciate it though man!

On 9/23/2019 at 3:40 PM, SteelBlue said:

I love my F30, wish I could have one with the M performance package like yours, but I still think it's a good looking car with just a bumper lip and trunk lip and some low.

Do these 335i's use the same N54 as the E9Xs? or is the N55 now?

The 335 in the f3x is an n55 and the 340 moved to the b58.

So hard to find an alpine over black 340i m sport x drive, happy to find this one cpo with only 17k miles. Lots and lots of options. Pretty happy with the car as is currently. The b58 and 8 speed combo is pretty damn impressive and one hell of an upgrade over her e46 touring. No performance mods....yet(maybe a Dinan tune, as it still has a bunch of warranty) . I ordered painted reflectors and black grilles already. Probably carbon mirror covers, spoiler, and diffuser real soon. H&R springs come spring. Gotta get a winter wheel and tire setup right away too. 

19 hours ago, wasnt m3 said:

So hard to find an alpine over black 340i m sport x drive, happy to find this one cpo with only 17k miles. Lots and lots of options. Pretty happy with the car as is currently. The b58 and 8 speed combo is pretty damn impressive and one hell of an upgrade over her e46 touring. No performance mods....yet(maybe a Dinan tune, as it still has a bunch of warranty) . I ordered painted reflectors and black grilles already. Probably carbon mirror covers, spoiler, and diffuser real soon. H&R springs come spring. Gotta get a winter wheel and tire setup right away too. 

Agreed the ZF-8 is INCREDIBLE! I absolutely love it. But kinda the same boat I’m in, holding off on anything crazy while it’s under warranty. Think my next thing is going to be those LCI tail lights. Can’t wait to see what you do with it though & congrats on the beautiful whip!

Just now, pynacl said:

Agreed the ZF-8 is INCREDIBLE! I absolutely love it. But kinda the same boat I’m in, holding off on anything crazy while it’s under warranty. Think my next thing is going to be those LCI tail lights. Can’t wait to see what you do with it though & congrats on the beautiful whip!

I only have the measly N20, but the trans is very smart. Put about 30K on mine so far and its been great.

Only things I wish I had were non halogen headlights(the fact that BMW still sells models with halogens is ridiculous) and maybe a back up cam.