WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Lawrimore steel deck 7k car hauler, 83" x 18'

Boris3

Selling my 2013 Lawrimore steel deck 7k car hauler (August 2012 build date). Owned since December 2012. I went further down the slippery slope and picked up a used enclosed trailer a few days ago so no longer need the open. Posted on CL for $2200 obo.

Specs:
*18' diamond plate steel deck with beaver tail; approx 21-22' nose to tail (including tongue); 83" wide
*2 5/16" coupler with wrap around tongue
*heavy duty fenders
*four D rings
*3,500lb axles both with electric brakes (last adjusted 2017), all bearings serviced and left rear replaced (2017)
*breakaway battery replaced (2017)
*all lights work
*custom welded tire rack added to front bumper rail
*slide under ramp storage
*aluminum ramps: 60" x 12" with hook end (one ramp end scuffed), rated at 3,000lb per axle (purchased from DiscountRamps.com, 2013)
*205/75/15 tires with good tread: two purchased 2015 (2013 date code); two purchased 2017 (2014 date code); will come with two spare tires (never used and stored inside covered truck bed or garage, 2014 date code).
*normal surface rust for a trailer stored outside
*title in hand

image.png

More pics  at https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tro/d/new-berlin-2013-lawrimore-steel-deck-7k/6977431875.html

Shipping weight as listed on the original invoice was 2300 lbs but that included a set of back breaker heavy duty steel ramps. I swapped those out for the aluminum ramps.

The add on tire rack is tube steel in the pics and then there is a steel cross bar. So I'm guessing still around 2300 or less. 

So posted the trailer on Racingjunk.com yesterday and within 15 minutes had four "different" inquires, all asking if it was still for sale and offering to send me cashiers checks for more than my asking if I provided my assorted information and they couldn't come to pick it up themselves, etc, etc. Nice to know that the old standard scams haven't gone out of style. 🙄   

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. After all the sight unseen "what's the lowest you'll take for it" and low ball offer emails ("it's not worth it me driving out to look if you won't take my offer"), it seemed that the few serious folks that passed on it wanted something that could carry more weight. I ended up adding more detail to the CL ad on dry weight and load capacity to try to address this. The guy that bought it contacted me by email with a name and number to arrange a meet, made no mention of low ball, drove down from the Fond du Lac area, looked it over, asked if I might have some price flexibility, I said make me an offer, he met my minimum (tired of dealing with this) price, counted out a stack of $100s, signed papers, hooked it up to his truck, done.