WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Partiallypurplevisuallyviolet - Daytona M3 Build Thread

Partiallypurple

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Late response, but nice shots. I'm a photography noob myself, so you can take this anyway you want, but I couldn't help cropping some of these. I tend to obsess a little about the margins and whether what's there really adds anything to the photo. When in doubt, I cut it out. Having a line terminate in the corner of the picture never hurts either. Not trying to be a dick, it's just trying to be helpful.

sJZVCzV.jpg

cb6JbXm.jpg

AczRDiW.jpg

nwNl89q.jpg

0QFRLLh.jpg

Also, I have an NEX to Konica adapter that I ordered by accident. If you want to play around with some vintage lenses, you can have it.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish my e46 was a zhp with a third pedal. I have to restore mine quite a bit to make it look respectable, my right rear blew out because of a torn off spring piece, now I have bumper damage. 

My M3 is clean, but it’s missing a few details like a proper front lip/under tray, front and rear moldings are a little faded. 

I need to see coco mats in person because honestly I don’t get it. I know they are popular but I don't look at them and get excited.

This is not me being a hater/dick, by the way. I’d love to see them in person to better understand the appeal.

Nice find on the ACS stuff 👍🏼

On 12/23/2020 at 8:27 PM, B C said:

I need to see coco mats in person because honestly I don’t get it. I know they are popular but I don't look at them and get excited.

This is not me being a hater/dick, by the way. I’d love to see them in person to better understand the appeal.

Nice find on the ACS stuff 👍🏼

I was the same way. The quality on them is insane, they weigh like 10 pounds a piece lol

And they don’t show dirt as much as normal mats. So it always looks clean 🤓

• 9 months later...

UPDATE. 

The Daytona m3 still exists. Just have been busy with the ZHP. Have recently been driving this car a ton, and forgot how much of a blast it is. Brain storming what to do with out this winter. So far the winter goal is going to be able to safely make 500WHP and reinforce things such as the diff and all that so I don't spend half the summer replacing parts.

• 1 month later...

Starting to get going on this car this winter again finally. The plan is to go standalone/wiring specialties harness/Precision 6262/custom manifold etc. I already have most of the parts purchased within the past two weeks, just waiting on some E85 stuff that is BO. I will update as stuff comes in/gets done! 

The plan with the 6262 is to make ~450 HP. I want something that I can still take on the backroads and enjoy, and I feel like 450 will be perfect for that. 

65921097043__DD41E27B-EADB-4B6E-AC5A-F5C754E787E7.JPG557005A2-B6C8-49CB-8EA8-218AC98E0E5B.JPG