WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New guy - Arctic Grey e36

Dylan Lenz

Hey everyone, I’m from the pewaukee area and heard you guys might be interested in knowing about this e36 I recently picked up. 5 speed 325is. Pretty much 100% stock, just hit 86,100 miles today. Definitely don’t have enough pictures right now but I’ll post what I got. Feel free to ask questions

2380781D-1D37-4B3B-B217-AEA6B1625C2D.jpeg

314C8062-87D5-4BA0-9C7A-5AFFEC70A8B3.jpeg

75DFB396-B019-40D9-ADBE-22E500B63CB2.jpeg

55E4FA00-B27C-4724-B497-E2BE835D0560.jpeg

AB66C112-05FE-43CA-B3E2-2A5EAF9F4A9B.jpeg

3 hours ago, B C said:

Wow! Rare to see an E36 325is in such nice shape.

Hope you stick around and become a regular.

is this your first BMW?

3rd actually, hahah. Started with a 97 328 that I blew the clutch out of and didn’t have enough money to repair, ive learned how to take much better care of my cars since then hahah. After that I had a 04 330xi daily 6 speed and now I’ve got this, hoping to keep it forever but we’ll see what happens.

42 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

nice pick up. welcome to the forums!

do you have plans to modify it, or just drive it?

Thanks man. Over the winter I really don’t wanna let the Wisconsin salt rust it up so I’m probably going to keep it in a garage and buy a cheap Chevy or something. I plan on reinforcing the subframe and putting polyurethane bushings in while I have it stored. Other than that I’d definitely like to put a limited slip differential and some 17 inch wheels on, maybe euro headlights and taillights. I will keep all of the stock parts aswell just in case I ever want to go back.

Nice e36, I have an arctic gray early e36 as well which is taken apart to repair rust.  Be careful how far you go ;) mine has been apart since fall of 2014.  It's my favorite e36 color.  What month/year is yours?  I got lucky with my 03/93 325is and it had a limited slip from the factory because it had the cold weather package and they ASC wasn't developed yet and it still works very well with over 300k miles.  My sedan is a 02/94 and it had ASC (traction control using that extra throttle body thing).

7 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

Nice e36, I have an arctic gray early e36 as well which is taken apart to repair rust.  Be careful how far you go ;) mine has been apart since fall of 2014.  It's my favorite e36 color.  What month/year is yours?  I got lucky with my 03/93 325is and it had a limited slip from the factory because it had the cold weather package and they ASC wasn't developed yet and it still works very well with over 300k miles.  My sedan is a 02/94 and it had ASC (traction control using that extra throttle body thing).

Thanks man, mines an 07/94. Already had it up on jacks to confirm it was infact an open diff lol. Hopefully I’ll be able to find a cheap beater for winter so I don’t rust this thing up, I agree that the color is one of the best on an e36