WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2003 Volvo XC70 "Mooserarri" WI PRICE $3900

patsbimmer1

3 hours ago, m42b32 said:

So if they're like putting M badges on a non-m in this instance, what cars would they be appropriate on??

The reason I chose the words "pretty close" is that it's an imperfect analogy. Most of the time, I've found the prancing moose/mooserrari/whatever you want to call it stickers to be associated with the sort of cars and owners that I'd rather not associate with... which is "pretty close" to the same effect of an M badge added to a non-M BMW. 

Gabe put it well above. 😂 To be honest, he and I have probably spent wayyyy too much time in the Volvo enthusiast world over the past 15 years, and are approaching/well-cemented into curmudgeon status. 

image.png

That said, congrats on the sale! Sounds like it went to someone who won't immediately destroy it (like most Volvos are). BMWs are a better platform to invest time into. 

32 minutes ago, The Full Banana said:

he and I  are approaching/well-cemented into curmudgeon status.

image.png

you're in good company

Wibimmers Curmudgeon Status List

Non-Curmudgeons               Curmudgeons

1. That one new guy            1.Everyone Else

2. Jdesign

I just thought the juxtaposition of the Ferrari-ish badge with a moose on a vehicle that was the least Ferrari thing possible was hilarious and very tongue in cheek lol.  I'd do it again.  

This is this guys 2nd Volvo along with a 2015 FWD v60 that he adores.  Seemed like a genuinely good dude and we talked about pitbulls for a good amount of time.  It was possibly the least sketchy Facebook marketplace transaction I've ever had.