WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

The Whistling Grocery Getter

timmer

I finally got around to doing something good for my X5 instead of the E30’s.

Removed are the EGR, DPF, and SCR system. Added AArodriguez race pipe, Buzzken Downpipe, and Malone stage 2.5 tune, and new summer shoes.  In the end, good for 380hp/620tq.

Guys at legend auto in Appleton did a fantastic job, highly recommend!

The X5 pulls like a train, and gets way better MPGs! Did 350 miles this week and averaged 28.2 mpg with a few instances where my foot was heavy.

LOTS of turbo noises coming through, turning a lot of heads.  I’ve fallen in love all over again.... the hardest part is deciding what car to drive now!!

-Tim

Thanks!  I stole the Jeep plug from my wife’s old vehicle, I’ll get a different one, lol.

Its just under 110k; about the time when the emissions components start going the way of old Yeller.  She’s got a ton of life left in her now that the emissions stuff is gone, and not bringing her down!  

I plan on a full CBU cleaning soon, since the EGR was intact for so long. Who ever thought it would be a good idea putting diesel exhaust back through the intake?

The engine runs amazing smoother, and feels way more relaxed and unburdened than before. 

I’ll get some pull vids soon!

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heavy D is loaded up for Labor Day weekend!

Love the looks driving through the campground... the redneck crowd is ready to raise a Budweiser to a 3/4 ton truck coming through, just to have their dreams crushed by a SAV from Deutschland (well, South Carolina)

Here’s to working for a living!  Happy Labor Day all!

-Tim

C92A8880-BFE0-4227-953B-1845B60DB5F1.jpeg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 8:21 PM, YoungCR said:

@timmer any long term updates?

Wow, guess I gotta get on here more often!!

it’s been great! I still love driving it… I’m at 125,000 miles now, so I’ve put on 15k since it was deleted and tuned. 

It’s about time for some routine maintenance for the old M57… time to replace the valve cover gasket, vacuum lines, and replace the charge pipe.  No problems now, but known failure points. 

Fuel mileage and power remains great, but I’m starting to get the itch for more!  I’ve been eyeing up hybrid turbos from www.tunemyeuro.com, it’s crazy how much you can squeeze out of these engines!

I still giggle at the looks I get driving around, especially when I get into boost 🤓

-Tim