WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Motorcycle thread?

Ryan...

38 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

5 minutes? how bout an electric bicycle?

basically no maintenance compared to something with a combustion engine. easy to transport to events like road america weekends. no registration, no insurance. cheaper.

5 mins doing 45+ for most of it.

I also live right on the fringe of town, so I have a lot of open roads right behind me that I would like to tool around on with a bike. 

• 1 year later...
Just now, Ryan... said:

Yes, it absolutely does.

Now you need only find a purple Katana. Shouldn't be hard to find one for about $400 :)

You'd be surpised!  In decent condition it's not easy!  They've all be stripped and turned into "stunt bikes" or just beaten to all hell in general because someone bought them for $1000, learned to do wheelies and WOT highway pulls then called it a day.

2 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

You'd be surpised!  In decent condition it's not easy!  They've all be stripped and turned into "stunt bikes" or just beaten to all hell in general because someone bought them for $1000, learned to do wheelies and WOT highway pulls then called it a day.

I guess that shouldn't be surprising, they've all been crashed 7x by now and the fairings are pricey = stunt bikes lol

1 minute ago, patsbimmer1 said:

But also I see a future for your bike..

I loved the Battle of the Baggers! Apparently they're hoping to have 4 races in 2021 and may be inviting other brands to compete as well.

My buddy with an Indian Scout and a whopping 320 miles of riding experience was quick to tell me how Indian smoked HD in the races as well 😄

5 minutes ago, Ryan... said:

My buddy with an Indian Scout and a whopping 320 miles of riding experience was quick to tell me how Indian smoked HD in the races as well 😄

Based on what I saw in that race I tend to believe the balance of power was very forgiving lol.  The way the 1st place Indian pulled ahead and then PAST after it had an off there was no chance for anyone else.  The Challengers as a whole looked like those teams spent far more effort prepping them for actual racing than the Harley's.  If it becomes a full blown series with actual regulations I'm sure it'll be a horse a piece once Harley gets serious and puts money behind it.

1 minute ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Based on what I saw in that race I tend to believe the balance of power was very forgiving lol.  The way the 1st place Indian pulled ahead and then PAST after it had an off there was no chance for anyone else.  The Challengers as a whole looked like those teams spent far more effort prepping them for actual racing than the Harley's.  If it becomes a full blown series with actual regulations I'm sure it'll be a horse a piece once Harley gets serious and puts money behind it.

I believe Harley only showed up with air cooled bikes, whereas that Challenger that was booking it was water cooled.

I do hope it turns into something bigger, watching the guys wrestle those bikes around Laguna Seca was hilarious and impressive

15 hours ago, Bassboy3313 said:

Although I am not a fan of the Road Glide fairing (I prefer the batwing, just personal preference), that's a damn nice looking bike! I have debated selling my Sportster 1200 Forty-Eight and getting a new Fat Bob with the 114 engine. I test rode one and it fucking moves. 

The Road Glide fairing took a long time to grow on me, and truthfully I really only like them in conjunction with the Special/blacked out look.

I can't wait to get through the break in period, the 114 feels like it's ready to rip!