WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Name Change

KaiserRolls

5 hours ago, HipMF said:

Too close to home.

We're migrating to windows 10 at work, and I feel like I need to take a class or something.

Windows 10 is closer to windows XP imo, first release I've liked since. 

7 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

I’m starting a petition to have @YoungCR change the name of the site to WIboomers. 

The site will be one sticky about how to navigate a coke freestyle machine. 

So basically a Facebook group

1 hour ago, straight6pwr said:

+2 for liking windows 10. taping the windows button then typing what i want has changed my life. you can navigate to anything in like .5 sec

also hit windows key + d = minimize to desktop in an instant so your boss doesnt catch you browsing WI Boomers

Hasn't this been a long standing feature? Just like windows key + tab pulls up all your open screens on one screen.

Other than a mild visual upgrade, I never found W10 difficult to use. Granted, I have been using it daily for like 3 years now.

1 hour ago, straight6pwr said:

+2 for liking windows 10. taping the windows button then typing what i want has changed my life. you can navigate to anything in like .5 sec

also hit windows key + d = minimize to desktop in an instant so your boss doesnt catch you browsing WI Boomers

Both of those things were standard on Windows 7 lol.

7 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

I've never used the search much because I'm used to just navigating to what I need. Now that they've moved everything, I can't find it anymore, so I'll have to start doing this more. I already use win+r to start a lot of programs though. I even have a folder in my path with .bat files in it that I use to start my most commonly used programs. (browser, ERP, CAM software, etc)

I stopped putting anything that I need on the desktop because it's always covered with windows. The desktop to me seems like a relic from a time before multi-tasking. The only time you ever see it is when everything else is closed.

• 4 weeks later...

I think we should change the site to more of a hip hop lifestyle forum that's BMW and Wisconsin centric, and change the name to WiLL Beamers. The beamer spelling because its hip hop, and the WiLL because Wisconsin is super ill. I think someone needs to post a sticky on how to floss. I'll do a quick tech article on how the amount of gumby gold you have relates to the amount of girlie girls you get.