WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E46 Things

B C

Track day next Wednesday the 18th. Things to do:

-Bleed brakes

-Check lugs

-Install missing spacer on front swaybar end link (Big Bear pointed this out during the alignment)

-Adjust rear sway bar (left and right sides are set to different holes for some reason, Big Bear pointed this out)
UPDATE: Thanks JC for learning me something new. I am now realizing why my E30 sway bars were advertised as having 3 settings despite only having 2 holes. 

-Check fluids and battery tie down

-borrow spare tire kit from father in law’s 335i

20 minutes ago, B C said:

Track day next Wednesday the 18th. Things to do:

-Bleed brakes

-Check lugs

-Install missing spacer on front swaybar end link (Big Bear pointed this out during the alignment)

-Adjust rear sway bar (left and right sides are set to different holes for some reason, Big Bear pointed this out)

-Check fluids and battery tie down

-borrow spare tire kit from father in law’s 335i

I've got a slim plastic tote that fits in my trunk that I use for tools and such if you'd like to borrow it.  I'm guessing it'd fit in your car the same as mine.  I'd also be happy to let you take some of my tools if you wanted.  It's always nice to have the stuff there "just in case".

19 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

As for the rear sway bar, setting the sides to different holes does not make one side act differently than the other, it is like a half setting if one set of holes is too stiff and the other is too soft.

Thanks for the input, I had never considered that

6 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I've got a slim plastic tote that fits in my trunk that I use for tools and such if you'd like to borrow it.  I'm guessing it'd fit in your car the same as mine.  I'd also be happy to let you take some of my tools if you wanted.  It's always nice to have the stuff there "just in case".

Thanks, I may take you up on that once I start getting things packed up

4 hours ago, i_love_cars said:

My track pads for that car from Blackhawk last year are literally like new with 99% life left. Do you want them? They are good PFC pads. I picked up on the caliper failure early enough that I was able to get off the track before the pads melted.

3 hours ago, B C said:

Thanks,  we will discuss this further.

Do this