WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Badger Bimmers Annual E30 Picnic -June 8, 2019

wasnt m3

Biggest showing ever? Best weather ever?

I counted over 50 cars but estimate close to 70-75 were there.

FB37BEA8-52A6-4F71-8CB8-38A54D2595F7.thumb.jpeg.194483bf551a7c574503fc73e8c5f982.jpeg

@HipMF @m42b32 and @P_Roloff met up at Qdoba beforehand and drove to the picnic together. We lost Joe and Peter at the freeway offramp due to traffic mixing in and obscuring their view of us. I get a text a minute later from joe “we missed the exit, see you there” okay. There were only 3 cars when we arrived, one was a white e30 coupe, another was a white e30 vert. 

Now how did Joe and Peter beat us to the picnic when I was on the fastest route?!?!

it turns out it wasn’t them, it @wasnt m3

4037149B-70F3-4B18-A66A-99334B2DE8A6.thumb.jpeg.8f6171dbd8ed824eb349d87ffca65fe9.jpeg

They ended up arriving a few minutes later. It was one of those “had to be there” sort of things but it was a total mindf*** 😁

Who won the raffle?

Fantastic get together!  Makes me sad to see a smashed up E30....

I also angered the E30 gods by installing cheap Chinese axles thinking they would last more than 120 miles while sending the old ones off to be rebuilt.... 

The final hard launch occurred on HWY K/HWY 83 in Washington County when the drivers side upper CV joint bought the farm.

I know, I was warned about aftermarket axles... I’ve learned my lesson, new GKN Lobos axels are on the way. In the interim, I’m gonna take some time and clean up the rear undercarriage while everything is apart.

She will roll again soon.

Great seeing everyone! Wasn’t enough time to get caught up. I love seeing the progress on each car every year.

-Tim

7A4931D8-8FDF-4085-B962-998836AAEB47.jpeg

0C6304DD-DB7C-456B-B9F4-58C51D2E8C22.jpeg

9F37C8DE-5057-4A8B-AD65-18DA46B521BF.jpeg

Great to see everyone and all the progress on the builds.  Nicely done guys!

Cool mix of stock, swapped, and forced induction e30s; coupes, sedans, verts; garage queens, weekend beasts, and dailies with assorted levels of wear; and the mix of owners from old school purists to younger innovators. Each year this keeps on getting better.

That must have been so confusing when you got there haha. Thanks for getting some proof I actually made it! I didn't take a single picture... 

Huge thanks to everyone who helped plan and run the event, I had a fantastic time meeting people and catching up with everyone. Perfect weather and lots of cars to check out!

I had an awesome time walking around checking out all the different setups people were running and chatting with them about it. I must say I was a bit surprised at the amount of 24 valve swapped cars that were there.

On the down side I made the mistake of forgetting sun screen and my arms as well as the back of my neck were bright red by the time I got home.

I do hope we can get a couple cruises going this summer, I really enjoyed hanging out with everyone!

• B C unpinned this topic
11 hours ago, AsparagusMike said:

I must say I was a bit surprised at the amount of 24 valve swapped cars that were there.

Agreed!  It was really interesting to be able to compare the builds. I have a greater appreciation and better understanding now of all the little things that go into a clean swap.