WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Tuning shop recommendations

AsparagusMike

Currently on the hunt for a reputable tuning shop that has good experience with megasquirt and tunerstudio. So far I have only talked to one shop local to me, VL performance. Only thing I was a bit skeptical about was their pricing, they wanted $1050 for a standalone ecu tune and a required pre dyno inspection. I thought this seemed a bit pricey and I couldn't figure why they charged by the job instead of hourly but being that I have never had anything dyno tuned before I know nothing so please correct me if this is a fair price for what it is. Otherwise, If there is anyone you know of that does good work that you would recommend I would greatly appreciate it. I am willing to travel to neighboring states if need be.

Thanks!

$1k seems about right for a custom dyno tune on a standalone ecu.  For reference, Late Model Throttle charges $900 starting for tuning a standalone ecu and $100/hr if they need to go more in depth.  I'd consider Late Model Throttle to be one of the better dyno tuner's in Wisconsin.  I don't know if they have any experience with MS or tunerstudio but maybe they could help point you the right way.