WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 - Upgrading injectors / tune

vbhargava

Question

I am looking to upgrade my E30 from a performance prospect w/o getting too crazy. Based on previous thread conversations its sounds like a Mark D chip w/19lb injectors is the way to go. Late last year I swapped out the ECU for a 173 so should be all set to get started. This is where I need a little help. I cant seem to find the injectors I need. What else do I need to purchase for the injector swap?

Planned Tune: http://www3.sympatico.ca/mdsylva/products.htm (91 octane, 6900 RPM, 19lb injector)

Car: 1988 325i convertible

Car thread: 

2 answers to this question

http://maksinjection.com/?product=bosch-0280-155-746-19-injectors-set-of-6

There are a few different injectors that would, I have run about 7 different types of injectors and for an M20 with chip tune, these are the best.

maksinjection can be mediocre in communication or product quality. ive dealt with them on 4 or so occasions. I have had injectors they have serviced that were stuck open. They replaced them but at times they were difficult to contact. 

Ultimately they are cheap and worth the gamble.

Otherwise search for Bosch 0280 155 746 injectors on Ebay and see if you can find a matched set from a reputable shop like injector-rehab.com or others

This is all a good upgrade but you will get used to the power pretty shortly and need more. 

4 hours ago, snap said:

http://maksinjection.com/?product=bosch-0280-155-746-19-injectors-set-of-6

There are a few different injectors that would, I have run about 7 different types of injectors and for an M20 with chip tune, these are the best.

maksinjection can be mediocre in communication or product quality. ive dealt with them on 4 or so occasions. I have had injectors they have serviced that were stuck open. They replaced them but at times they were difficult to contact. 

Ultimately they are cheap and worth the gamble.

Otherwise search for Bosch 0280 155 746 injectors on Ebay and see if you can find a matched set from a reputable shop like injector-rehab.com or others

This is all a good upgrade but you will get used to the power pretty shortly and need more. 

Thanks @snap . Agreed on the power problem, at some point I switch to the E39 M5 when speed, handling, and power are craved. That being said the E30 is still my most entertaining car.