WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WCEC Season Opener - West bend

REKIII

I went once, for my first time, Last year?

It was a waste of time for me personally IMO. There was a "cruise" into the meet in the morning From Madison to the event and it should have been a tell tail sign I was going to see modified Chevy Cruze's the whole day, but I still ventured on.

There was a building that had about 10-20 cars that were worth looking at (most I have already seen before or knew the owners) and the outdoor area was mostly locals with stock or crudely modified cars. Honestly I think the event is catered to a younger crowd (14-19 yrs of age) which is perfectly fine to me, but note that the cars that show up are also owned buy that crowd as well.   

I didn't go last year, it's about a mile from my house, but I remember the huge traffic.

Since it's so close I decided to enter 3 vehicles for the indoor showcase.  Supposedly they choose 100.  All 3 got accepted, so....indoor showcase I go to see what it's all about.  I will definitely be the old guy there, but at least i wont have to jockey for parking.

On 3/1/2019 at 9:08 AM, REKIII said:

I didn't go last year, it's about a mile from my house, but I remember the huge traffic.

Since it's so close I decided to enter 3 vehicles for the indoor showcase.  Supposedly they choose 100.  All 3 got accepted, so....indoor showcase I go to see what it's all about.  I will definitely be the old guy there, but at least i wont have to jockey for parking.

Raptor, Lotus and Trackhawk?

2 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

makes sense - i'd bet snow is 50/50 in the 2nd week in april.  regardless, I'd rather beat myself with a stick than go.

But you could meet that Alex kid whos super cool now, hes in internet videos!  Hes not even a huge dork at all!  Also I don't hate his face!

• 2 weeks later...