WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1987 BMW E30 325i 209,000 miles (Needs work) - $1200 (Milwaukee)

Napathan

Hello all,  I have this car on Craigslist and I'm going to have the same info here. (Here's the link https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/milwaukee-1987-bmw-e30-325imiles-needs/6787201504.html)

Model: 1987 BMW 325i from California

Not currently running as I have taken some parts off (Read below), read all text and look at photos. If interested email this listing and we can set up to see the car. To pick it up you'll need to tow or haul the car in its current state.

Reason to sell: The car needs work and good TLC to get it running and I just don't have the passion for it right now. I love this car but it's not the right time for me to really care for it.

My history with the car: I bought and daily drove it from October 2017-July 2018, I bought another car in July and haven't driven the E30 much since. It developed a vacuum leak that I've been trying to track down. I replaced many vacuum lines, filter and intake boot without finding the leak. I've since taken the throttle body and brake booster vacuum lines off and intended to replace those as they look original and were likely leaking. I tested the throttle position sensor for the proper resistance and continuity and it was in spec. 

Specifications
Engine: 6-Cylinders (BMW M20 Straight 6) 209,000 miles
Transmission: 5-speed manual (Swapped from automatic two owners ago in California) Unknown miles on trans.
Differential: 4.10:1 welded diff (Done by previous owner)
Newer ratio, CD player w/AUX.
Moon roof 

Wheels & Tires
Two sets of wheels/tires- Winter steel wheels & tires (1 season left on them) + original BMW bottle cap wheels in good shape with low tread.

Trim & Interior: Four door, tan leather seats (Front seats are in poor but usable condition and rear are in excellent condition), power & central locks, power windows (Rear window switches are touchy and require multiple presses to operate), power mirrors, power moon roof. The plastic trim that goes under the steering wheel is gone. 

Exterior: Some surface rust on the body panels (the worst one is pictured). No fog lights were on the car when I bought it. Rear bumper wasn't on the car when I bought it, I think I have the aluminum bumper but only 1 or 3 of the trim pieces that go around it. The body appears to have been re-painted in a few locations.

What needs fixing: Vacuum leak makes the car not currently drivable. When you hit the gas the engine surges and revs constantly high. New tires needed soon and a new battery is likely needed also. 

Work I've done: Replaced return power steering line and fluid, rear brake pads and rotors, air filter, washer fluid motor, fixed the gas/brake/clutch pedal box which cracked one day (common issue) by welding it and beefing it up with more metal, regular synthetic oil changes, flushed and replaced all the brake fluid. New exhaust from the down pipe back. 

Other things to be aware of: Small oil leak under the engine (haven't found the source yet). Welded differential makes it challenging to turn at low speeds. The dash is cracked and the front seats have tears. Exhaust flex pipe leak.

20190104_145932.jpg

20190104_145911.jpg

20190104_145901.jpg

20190104_145852.jpg

20190104_145844.jpg

20190104_145839.jpg

20190104_145823.jpg

20190104_145813.jpg

20190104_145757.jpg

20190104_145733.jpg

20190104_145727.jpg