WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

(x4) Hankook Ventus Z214 radial (slick) Tires 225/50zr16 

Jdesign

I did some cleaning and organizing and decided I need to sell some of the wheels and tires I am hoarding.

I have a set (x4) Hankook Ventus Z214 radial Tires 225/50zr16 

SIZE UTQG MAX.
LOAD
MAX. INFLATION PRESSURE TREAD DEPTH TIRE WEIGHT RIM WIDTH RANGE MEAS. RIM WIDTH SECT. WIDTH TREAD WIDTH OVERALL DIAM. REVS. PER MILE COUNTRY OF
ORIGIN*
225/50ZR16
SL
Race/Track, C51 Medium
40 C A 1,389 lbs 44 psi 4/32" 22 lbs 6-8" 7" 9.1" 8.3" 24.8" 838 KR

New these retail for $191.77 each

-I am asking $40 FOR ALL OF THEM- yes, thats $10 a tire

TIRERACK:

The Ventus Z214 radial is Hankook's Racetrack & Autocross Only racing tire developed for drivers who participate in autocross, time attack and road racing competition, as well as for track-day drivers seeking race-slick like grip in dry and damp conditions. The Ventus Z214 is designed to blend dry traction, cornering power and steering response to inspire driver confidence and quick times.

While Ventus Z214 radials meet DOT requirements, they are not appropriate for highway use. Ventus Z214 radials are not recommended for driving in wet conditions where standing water is present and there is the risk of hydroplaning; drivers should drive cautiously at reduced speeds if they encounter these conditions. And like all Racetrack & Autocross Only tires, Ventus Z214 radials are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. It's also essential these tires be stored indoors at temperatures maintained above 32 degrees F.

Most sizes of the Ventus Z214 are available in two high-grip tread compounds, with the C51/Medium compound focused on track use and the C71/Soft compound tuned for autocross competition. Each tire's tread compound is identified by a colored sticker and is permanently branded on its sidewall.

Note: The 275/35ZR18 size is also available in a C91/Very Soft compound.

Ventus Z214 radials feature a symmetrically designed semi-slick tread with 4/32" of beginning tread depth that's only interrupted by two circumferential grooves to reduce squirm, undesirable heat buildup and eliminate the need for tread shaving. Heat cycling is recommended to enhance consistency and wear. Ventus Z214 tires feature directional rotation arrows branded onto their sidewalls to identify correct mounting rotation that will enhance tread splice integrity and durability. Following the rotation arrows, the use of a symmetric tread design allows Ventus Z214 tires to be mounted on either side of the car (and later be remounted inside out to further extend their life). The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by a spirally wrapped nylon cord on top of a three-ply nylon cord casing.

IMG_9768.JPGIMG_9769.JPGIMG_9770.JPGIMG_9771.JPGIMG_9772.JPG