WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

SCHLEPN | The E39 540itA Story

DrLeadFoot

1 hour ago, Jdesign said:

Nice Updates! Looks like you spent some time going through this thing. What the hell is that blue condom looking thing in a few of the last pictures?

Also, I want to see more "final" photos. Lets see the interior all put together and shinned up after that intense deep cleaning! Looks like you did a great job!

It was under the knife for about 3-4 months of hitting it hard.  Now just working out the smaller bugs from daily driving it but I think I'm almost to being 100%.  Sunroof rattle is next up. That condom thing was ziptied on there to block that hole.  So weird.  I'll get more final pics.  Thanks!! 

5 hours ago, suspenceful said:

Awesome job bringing it back up to par. Looks like an awesome car now!

Thank you!

On 1/4/2019 at 9:54 PM, YoungCR said:

Glad you replaced the torx bolts on the intake manifolds, I've had a few of those strip and they suck to cut out.

Man what is up with the tailgates on these cars, yours looked perfect. Is there just no primer inside them? 

Thanks!  I wish they did a fiberglass tailgate like the  XJ Jeeps did.  Lighter and it doesn't rust!  Blunttech just quoted me $1650ish for a new tailgate.  It might be worth it!  

44 minutes ago, DrLeadFoot said:

Thanks!  I wish they did a fiberglass tailgate like the  XJ Jeeps did.  Lighter and it doesn't rust!  Blunttech just quoted me $1650ish for a new tailgate.  It might be worth it!  

BMW's first attempt at a tailgate on the e34 is an abomination. it seems their 2nd attempt isn't much better. why do i feel like those silly germans tried to engineer it from square one instead of studying some proven designs and learning a thing or two?

7 hours ago, ChrisO said:

damn you got a lot done in 10 days, lookin good with the 19” arc8’s

edit: I see you brought it home in June now, still lookin good!

Thanks!!  With real estate being busy I am delegating work to a friend/Master BMW Tech so I can't take all the credit but I am back seat driving the process as much as I can.  🤣

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Parts are slowly being pulled and making their way onto the 40x48" pallet!  Please excuse the blue & red text.  That is the seller and I both adding items to the list.

-2002 -S62 115k miles, 5k miles on chain guides, rod bearings, vanos 

-Engine wiring harness

-Trans, Clutch & Flywheel 

-Dinan short shifter kit 

-Pedal assembly (clutch, brake and gas pedal) Clutch Master & Slave w/lines 

-M5 Cluster

-S62 exhaust manifolds

-M5 Collectors

-Intake assemblies w/MAFs

-Cowl to cover wiring harness. Will be brittle. 

-Secondary Air pump with hoses

-Coolant hoses

-Radiator and shroud

-Coolant reservoir Need M5 one.

-M5 Steering box includes solenoid and sport button switch panel Female side of connector.

-48 x 40 pallet U-Ship

-EWS and Cat delete on ECU

-Fan blade & Clutch

-Initial Start up guarantee in writing.

-M5 Driveshaft, Axles & Diff 

-Rear Reinforcement Bars

-M5 Fuel pump

-M5 fuel filter and pressure regulator

-M5 Fuel lines We need to see whats actually different. But I can include whatever we need. If it isn't a big to-do, I would love to get as many of the lines as possible.  Looks like the lines coming into and out of the filter/regulator are different. I believe you are correct up until the regulator its the same after its a bit different as m5 uses a return line.

-M5 ABS precharge pump, Bracket and any brake lines associated with this

-M5 airbox tray for ABS lines to go through

-Front and rear rotors with calipers

-m5 good Guibo
cleardot.gif

-Vacuum Lines, vacuum valve (engine & to regulator)

-Power steering lines and reservoir w/hardware. Mounting bracket

-Oil filter lines and filter housing w/hardware. Mounting bracket

-Oil Cooler Control Valve and Associated lines

-Grounding straps/wires

-Positive voltage wires

-Sway bars front and rear with bushings  

IMG952766.jpg

IMG952764.jpg

IMG952765.jpg

IMG952758.jpg

IMG952757.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG952762.jpg

IMG952763.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG952761.jpg

Fantastic! Do you know how its getting shipped yet? If its just a guy on Uship with a enclosed trailer I'd say the pallet is fine. If it ends up going a LTL (less than truckload) carrier I would consider making the pallet into a crate to reduce the risk of damage. You don't know how many times the pallet will be loaded/unloaded which increases the risk of damage from that process and careless fork lift drivers. Plus then the seller could just bubble wrap and set most parts on top of the motor/trans inside the crate. 

10 hours ago, YoungCR said:

Fantastic! Do you know how its getting shipped yet? If its just a guy on Uship with a enclosed trailer I'd say the pallet is fine. If it ends up going a LTL (less than truckload) carrier I would consider making the pallet into a crate to reduce the risk of damage. You don't know how many times the pallet will be loaded/unloaded which increases the risk of damage from that process and careless fork lift drivers. Plus then the seller could just bubble wrap and set most parts on top of the motor/trans inside the crate. 

It is Uship.  Should be okay?