WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

SCHLEPN | The E39 540itA Story

DrLeadFoot

• 1 month later...

Mike did the rear brake lines.  They were bad!  We also put in 14" rear braided lines so there was some slack on the line when you jacked up the car. 

The DMTL light seems to be off for good now. Had to swap some wires on the pump wiring. 

Next up is some rust repair on a jacking point & Dinan rear diff reinforcement! 

20191022_181309.jpg

20191022_193910.jpg

FullSizeR(2).jpg

593226760.jpg

593226732.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Structure Fabrication cut out the rot/rust on my passenger rear jacking point and rebuilt/over built it back up looking as close to stock as possible.  Rust proofed it all.  Pretty big job as they had to pull the gas tank. They found some old bondo from a hack job fix from years and years ago.  Glad they got in there to cut out the cancer!

They also popped on my new snow tires on the "new" wheels!  245/18/40 Blizzaks on some 6 series wheels.  Not sure which style code they are. 18 x 8.5 et14 if I remember correctly. 

20191111_153734.jpg

20191111_153755.jpg

20191111_153752.jpg

20191107_204721.jpg

23 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

bet you had some fun today! 

Not too much fun.  SCHLEPN tires & wheels back and forth from Stallis and trying to keep up with this crazy Real Estate market!  It's still going strong!

12 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Awesome. 

I agree! 

A birdy said you're the go to guy for a suede headliner.  Let's talk!

11 hours ago, DrLeadFoot said:

Not too much fun.  SCHLEPN tires & wheels back and forth from Stallis and trying to keep up with this crazy Real Estate market!  It's still going strong!

I agree! 

A birdy said you're the go to guy for a suede headliner.  Let's talk!

I may have done a few in my time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 9:42 AM, jc43089 said:

What are the OE M5 rear subframe bushings like?  I got a set of Powerflex yellow ones for my dad's wagon but haven't installed them.  It's parked for the winter so it won't be until spring.

Not sure on stiffness but the M5 bushings are a tad shorter and allow for the reinforcement trailing bars to be installed.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a slight shimmy in the brakes so I had Mike replace the rotors and the pads.  Went with Zimmerman rotors and OEM BMW pads.

Scooped up a used M wheel with the updated airbag! Excited!

Got a power steering line leak so we'll be replacing that early next week.

Also replaced the dash lights, added the dimmer wire to my radio so the backlight on the keys works, replaced a bad O2 sensor under warranty, put new rubber mounts on the oil filter, added some leather interior bits: -steering column surround -upper & lower B pillars -center console arm rest.

Slowly chipping away!

IMG957364.jpg

IMG957362.jpg

IMG957361.jpg

601594952.jpg