WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Anyone get toasty?

Boris3

14 hours ago, snap said:

I only wish my garage was that clean!

Exciting day in New Germany today

we also had an attempted suicide-by-cop across the street from the kids’ school this morning so they got to participate in a soft lockdown

Its amazing how many lockdowns we get for bomb/shooting threats. I think we are at 5 in 4 years. Not including the lockdowns for drugdog searches and such. 

We had one last 4 hours last year. I was done after that. So I went to taco bell and went home to take a nap.

leaving school early, grabbing some Taco Bell, and going home to take a nap.   Cherish these times

In my school days there was 1 somewhat legitimate gun threat from a redheaded kid with the last name Dumas that was reaching his breaking point, 1 phony one called in from someone wanting to get a short school day, and a couple bomb threats including one where a guy had his Sony Walkman in his locker. The play button was stuck on and the cassette didnt auto-stop after reaching the end so it had a repetitive ticking sound which some faculty member walking down the hallway assumed was a bomb (since Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote taught us that analog clocks are best for bomb-making ).  Sure, its a "better safe than sorry" moment, but in retrospect the thought of a middle school kid concocting an explosive device with an analog clock connected to 3 red sticks of TNT via some coily wiring is a bit unlikely.