WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
Sign in to follow this  
rampelsauce

Should we attempt a winter Autocross event?

I thought it would be a good idea to try to hold another WIBimmers winter driving event. I talked to one guy and he said "meeting up for an ice race would be a ball!" So if you're anything like Joe, let me know. We can make this the official thread and make updates as we work out details. 

Have an idea? Post it! Want to reminisce about past winter meets? Post pictures of Ryan getting stuck. 

More than likely SE Wisconsin somewhere. It's just a matter of finding the proper venue. This also depends on if we get enough ice on lakes or if we have to do a winter parking lot auto x.

At this point it's a wait and see kinda game. However, we can talk about our experience with winter driving events and what would be fun. 

1 hour ago, rampelsauce said:

Post pictures of Ryan getting stuck. 

I should dig for those damn pictures. 
That was the worst lol.

I'll bring the diesel in case Ryan decides to get stuck, but I'll have a tow strap. None of this "I've got something" BS that we ran into. 

29 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I should dig for those damn pictures. 
That was the worst lol.

I'll bring the diesel in case Ryan decides to get stuck, but I'll have a tow strap. None of this "I've got something" BS that we ran into. 

The something was jumper cables tied to a 735i 5 speed 🤣

I was hoping to do something with just our zesty squad, non-wibimmers are peasants. 

I'm open to any ideas and will throw money at stuff that needs money thrown at it (rental/insurance/gas for a plow truck/etc). It would be slick to find a deal like lake sinissippi, but the last time we were there was a shit show.

At the end of the day if it makes more sense to all participate in an event I guess that's fine, but I feel like we would have a better time if we were able to do our own thing.