WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WTB E36 axles

Jdesign

45 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

M axles need M wheel hubs, you probably know that though.

Honestly I didn't know that. Here's the other problem, I have no idea whats in/on the car because its a bastard of parts. Any obvious clues to know the difference?

All I found online is this: 328 takes a 30mm nut and the M takes a 36mm nut

The M axles have a thicker shaft, it is quite obvious just looking under the car if you know what to look for.  The non M axles are straight and about 1" diameter.  The M axles get thicker right after the boots on both ends and are more like 1.25" diameter.  The hub difference is because the splines into the hub are larger or more of them on the M axles.  I THINK the bearings are the same.

2 hours ago, jc43089 said:

The M axles have a thicker shaft, it is quite obvious just looking under the car if you know what to look for.  The non M axles are straight and about 1" diameter.  The M axles get thicker right after the boots on both ends and are more like 1.25" diameter.  The hub difference is because the splines into the hub are larger or more of them on the M axles.  I THINK the bearings are the same.

Im guessing I need non-M/// Axles judging by this picture?

IMG_6411.JPG