WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2018 holiday sales, promo codes, etc.

HipMF

My shopping list for the turbo project keeps getting longer, but I always opt-out from receiving marketing-related messages.

Where the deals at?

I read in another thread that Garagistic has a black Friday sale, so that's a start. I can't be the only one buying car parts this winter...

8 hours ago, m42b32 said:

Any time I buy something from FCP lately I put it in my cart (while logged in) and let it sit for like 2 days, then you get a 5% off $199 or more coupon emailed to you. It's worked for my last few orders

I've done this too. RevShift also has a black friday sale 

51 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

i dunno man, from everything I've seen, and others here have seen, it looked like monkeys are doing the fab work. they plasma cut small holes instead of drill them. short-cuts!

Look I took a screenshot from their website, and i'm going to point out how terrible their work is:

NOT.jpg

Yeah, no thanks. Guess it's back to searching. Worst case, I guess I buy the metal spacers everyone else uses and cuts in half, use them to measure and machine the correct sized stuff.

Thanks Dan, appreciate the insight. Didn't realize how truly bad some of their crap was.

I used their steering rack spacers when I went z3 rack and had zero issues with them. The reinforcement kit is also not all that bad. Yes they did take some tweaking (drilling out holes to bigger size, modifying rear sway bar reinforcement to fit correctly as @straight6pwr has pointed out)  to make work but, for the price it was worth the little bit of hassle over trying to make my own.

Although, I am not having very good luck with their eccentric hardware for the rear sub frame. The installation was straight forward and the hardware fit well but the outside cam bolts are impossible to get tight when the sub frame is in the car and they consistently walk all over the place throwing the whole car out of wack which leaves me to have to drop the subframe once again and come up with some kind of fix for it. NEVER AGAIN!

been watching and waiting awhile to pull the trigger on an electric impact wrench.  (pun intended)

finally one has hit the price point, size and performance I needed. Milwaukee 18v mid-torque with battery for just over $200. The mid torque has 600ft lbs, which should be more than i'll ever need. The size is insanely small for the torque spec - it's smaller than a hand drill. I'd rather a hog-ring, but the detent-pin will work fine, and per the internet can be modified to be less intrusive. Not sure how long the sale will be on, and I didnt want to wait for any other black friday deals since this is a pretty solid deal already.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-1-2-in-Brushless-Cordless-Mid-Torque-Impact-Wrench-W-Pin-Detent-Kit-W-1-5-0Ah-Battery-2860-21/304139246

On 11/8/2018 at 4:11 PM, P_Roloff said:

You think I'd be okay buying the spacers for an e30 rack swap from them, or would they likely screw that up too? I'd machine my own, but I don't have the dimensions for them.

https://www.condorspeedshop.com/collections/e30-parts/products/e30-airbag-steering-swap-kit-with-airbag

I have these, they fit, $7 with black Friday pricing