WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Tig/Mig welding and powder coating

rampelsauce

As some of you know I run reset coatings (which is now not being advertised to the masses any longer) and run a weld shop for my day job. 

I am offering my services to anyone on here who needs it, cheaper than most shops. Only open to WIBIMMERS folk and friends of. Pricing is case by case. As for tig welding I can do mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum (also cast aluminum repair, but not wheels due to liability). 

Have an idea for a part? I can make it. Need something fixed/reinforced? Done. Want something powder coated? Fine. Check out pictures of my work on Facebook or Instagram. Reset coatings or look my personal account on Instagram (warning, lots of pictures of my dog) @rampelsauce . 

Feel free to ask any questions, for quotes PM me and we'll figure it out. I'll use this thread to post my completed work as it comes in. IMG_20180524_193247_571.jpg.57e3e8798e2a10c92597628f0f2320f8.jpgIMG_20180416_204459_146.thumb.jpg.dd39d6b27b80a949becd9c870250377d.jpgIMG_20180317_174753_209.thumb.jpg.f45fb59e8a3dbd654cddb59220aecd7b.jpg

• 4 months later...

With a 332ti you'll need it! Fun swap. After driving John Morgan's beast I still have a soft spot for the combination.

I'll just need some new lower spring perches welded onto e30 strut tubes for a Ground Control setup on the race car. Finally have all the parts in hand. Possibly cutting/shortening and rewelding the tubes as well. Still thinking about that one though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 5:02 PM, Boris3 said:

With a 332ti you'll need it! Fun swap. After driving John Morgan's beast I still have a soft spot for the combination.

I'll just need some new lower spring perches welded onto e30 strut tubes for a Ground Control setup on the race car. Finally have all the parts in hand. Possibly cutting/shortening and rewelding the tubes as well. Still thinking about that one though.

Decided to cut the strut tubes 1.5" for better suspension travel. Shortened and rewelded strut tubes back from Zach in a very fast turn around. They're sitting at an angle on the workbench in the pic which distorts the lines a bit but everything is clean and straight. Thanks Zach!

Now need to paint, fab some spacers for the short body Koni's, put everything together in the GC kit and install in the car.

IMG_2369.JPG.  

• 1 month later...

Glad I could help.  I'm currently moving into my new place with some more space for more equipment.  Will definitely be shifting focus to welding, but will still offer coatings.  I'll get better at posting pictures here, might change up my instagram to show off some of my weld stuff too. 

Thanks to everyone so far supporting my side hustle and I look forward to getting back at it full steam in June.