WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
P_Roloff

Another daily driver thread: E34 525i

my wrench always fit those flats on the sway bar arms. but i know that different brands have different thicknesses.

if you need a modified 22mm (7/8") wrench for the bolts on the upper control arms, let me know Ill ship mine to you.

like your modified tool, after modifying it for the e34 i've never used it again

17 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

my wrench always fit those flats on the sway bar arms. but i know that different brands have different thicknesses.

if you need a modified 22mm (7/8") wrench for the bolts on the upper control arms, let me know Ill ship mine to you.

like your modified tool, after modifying it for the e34 i've never used it again

It fit but was tight for the stock ones, but the replacements were tighter and I didn't feel like risking a tear in the boot. Thank you, depending on the way things go I will let you know!

13 hours ago, P_Roloff said:

From what I’ve read, the seats are identical on e32s and e34s down to the mounting slots and harness, so it should just be as simple as bolting the mechanism into the back of the seat and plugging in the motor and switch. My seats are in pretty good shape so I don’t plan on replacing them unless I come across a screaming deal for a full black, blue or red interior to swap out. 

Do you remember off the top of your head what springs/shocks are on the 540i/6 that you brought to the last fall meet?

I had to do some digging but that's the info on E32 seats I have. I never did rewire that seat and it did get scrapped with the car because I couldn't remove it. I still have the passenger seat from the '89 750i if you want to rip that apart or do wiring experiments on. If you break things I have more e34 seats too 🙄

The current 540i has BC Racing coil overs. Ben didn't mention what rates he bought in his thread. I haven't gotten around to raising/adjusting them to my liking because they can be harsher. I think h&r/Billy sports is what I'm gonna get for the 530i.

2 hours ago, YoungCR said:

I had to do some digging but that's the info on E32 seats I have. I never did rewire that seat and it did get scrapped with the car because I couldn't remove it. I still have the passenger seat from the '89 750i if you want to rip that apart or do wiring experiments on. If you break things I have more e34 seats too 🙄

The current 540i has BC Racing coil overs. Ben didn't mention what rates he bought in his thread. I haven't gotten around to raising/adjusting them to my liking because they can be harsher. I think h&r/Billy sports is what I'm gonna get for the 530i.

Interesting, I didn’t know that. I’ll definitely take you up on that though, I’d be very interested to see the differences and if a little splicing wouldn’t work. There’s probably some other random e34 parts from your stash that you have that I would buy too. 

If you end up with that setup, let me know what you think of it!