WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Fall colors meet/cruise Saturday, October 6th, 2018

wasnt m3

7 hours ago, wasnt m3 said:

Just to be clear, I don't want people to think that there's going to be some sort of crazy party that's going to get out of hand. Just a casual hangout and for those that have to drive aways, you can stay here the night. 

@Ryan..., bring whatever you want. Just you showing up to an event seems like an unachievable feat.

My 2018 goal was to "Be Better", so I think October would be a good time to really kickstart that.

8 hours ago, wasnt m3 said:

Just to be clear, I don't want people to think that there's going to be some sort of crazy party that's going to get out of hand. Just a casual hangout and for those that have to drive aways, you can stay here the night. 

@Ryan..., bring whatever you want. Just you showing up to an event seems like an unachievable feat.

Are you telling me I shouldn't bring my beer funnel? :P :D Jk Jk

TJ is probably too kind. 

He asked if I would help, so after I got done watching a bunch of M3 videos on Friday night because I have no M cars right now and miss the sounds of the S65, I stayed up till 2:30 planning a route. amazingly there were no dead ends and only a couple of roads that were Wisconsin-ish i.e. crumbling. 

The route has the usual Kettle roads including 3 passes through Waterville Rd because I love Waterville, and some new roads that TJ and I haven't done before. Basically we will be starting from Dousman, heading south a bit, then coming back up and west through Dousman, down to Eagle, east to Mukwonago and then northwest-ish until we get back to Dousman. There is a good mix of some curvy roads (some new ones that we discovered which are really nice), some very long straight backroads where people can 60 roll/rage crash into trees, and a handful of county highways that we need to unfortunately be on sometimes to connect everything together. 

There are a couple of designated "catch-up" spots in case we get separated but most of the route should be conducive to keeping everyone together. There's only one place to really watch out for police and that is when we are on Hwy LO and ES going through Muktown because for whatever reason cops are incredibly anal there about any sort of speeding. 

• B C unpinned this topic