WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New Ride: e46 330i ZHP

Boris3

I tend to call it the "when you don't have the proper size tool and really should buy said tool rather than cheaping out" wrench. Which might explain why I never knew how to spell it. But I did already have a Harbor Freight set of them because well they were really cheap with coupon.

Anyway, the crescent 😁 wrench worked. Finished the tie rods without drama. Installed new rods and boots so didn't have to deal with what I've read is the usual nightmare of trying to separate the old inner and outer rods to reuse the old boots.  Next up alignment.  

• 8 months later...

Able to get back to wrenching on the ZHP this weekend. We found a little surprise at the alignment last fall. Drivers side lower trailing arm was a wee bit bent. New versus old in the picture.

image.jpeg

Replaced both sides. Access to the inner bolt on drivers side is certainly a pain. Joys of unbolting and shifting the diff to get to it. Passenger side is easy.