WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

BHF 8/13 Track day

i_love_cars

Hey guys, the maiden voyage of the E46 will be at this event (unless it's raining. I won't drive if it's raining. Me and BMWs don't mix in the rain at the track if history is any indicator 😂). I was talking to Jeff Fait and he says the numbers are really low right now - 4 in advanced, 14 intermediate and only 2 in novice. Badger Bimmers needs at least double those numbers to not lose a bunch of money. 

So if anyone wants to burn a Monday on some track fun, come join me in the Novice run group. I'm planning to go slow for a couple events on street tires to learn the braking points of the car, best gears/speeds to be in for the corners, etc. 

It does add up. Speed, $$, and slippery slopes.

Save up instead for the Badger Bimmers O-Fast weekend of September 22-23 at Road America: all run groups get four 25 minute sessions/day plus classroom and in car instruction for the novice and intermediate groups. $460 if register by August 10. 

Friday the 21st is for advanced and instructors only. Motivation to move up the ranks. Up to 13 sessions of track time!

5 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

i was considering this for a hot second but then I saw this on a Monday. 🙄 missing a day of work makes the cost double.

yeah it blows that Badger Bimmers (and quite a few other organizations now too) run BHF events on Mondays only. The only decent organization I know of that does weekend BHF is NWSC 

Definitely agree with Boris though - if you were considering any events at all, then certainly OFast in September is the way to go because there will definitely be at least a couple of us there. I still think it would be fun to get a group of WIBimmers together for at least 1 legit track day. There's just no getting around the fact that it isn't cheap though. 

I'm working on getting the day off for this.  Ofast is always on or near my wedding anniversary and I still haven't convinced my wife to spend our anniversary at RA.  Track days are expensive but seat time compared to auto x isn't even close.  Dollar per minute on track is almost always in favor of a track day for value.

• 3 weeks later...