WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My New Daily Driver...

suspenceful

I got annoyed with having two coupes... trying to fit stuff in the car every time I go to Menards, folding the seat forward to cram someone in the back, etc.

40288366285_04e6f78e0a_c.jpg

26311635697_cd36b567cd_c.jpg

So I sold my gray 335i and am trying something new. It should be better in the snow anyways. Feels weird "downgrading", but I want to make sure I like the chassis before buying an E70 with the N55 😈

43364052131_d9015b5621_c.jpg

28495313027_9d9bff6656_c.jpg

41555432180_6eb41d5e33_c.jpg

PS: I finally have a vehicle that can fit a 10.5” 315 out back 😂

28495313237_4b9c09fce3_c.jpg

6 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

That'll be a nice daily.  I like these X5's.  I don't think the 3.0 will be a downgrade at all.  It'll be nice for you to have an engine that won't spontaneously break!  Looks like it's in good shape but the "murdered" look look's ridiculous in my opinion.  What color interior does it have?

It's not the 3.0L that's the downgrade. It's going from a 2007 to a 2001 again, lol. Everything is just more dated than I'm used to.

The "murdered" look is growing on me... unfortunately. I initially hated it and wanted to paint the wheels silver, but now that just seems like a lot of work. My first priority is to change out all of the blue interior LEDs to white. Literally every light is blue. Map lights, puddle lights, foot lights, trunk lights, etc. I also ordered a replacement rear emblem (missing), trunk carpet handle (broken), hood release lever (also broken). The HID bulbs are also a bit pink (old), so I think I'll replace those and wire up the halos that are already in the headlights. The front suspension has a clunk that needs to be diagnosed. It needs some work, but I think I got it for a good price. Overall, the truck is solid and fairly loaded. No weird quirks, not a drip of fluid, rust-free, etc.

Sport interior with black leather (and a sick double-din):

42430819665_8d49fcabf1_c.jpg

42430819625_9f7e298ce9_c.jpg

1 hour ago, straight6pwr said:

handsome truck.

any plans to lower it? they look so good dumped.

It's crossed my mind, but I don't know if I will on this one. If I get an E70, I definitely will drop it.

1 hour ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Ahhh gotcha!  Well if you need anything let me know.  I can get the Ziza full interior LED kits for more than 50% off.

I ordered a 22pc LED kit on eBay yesterday with their 15% off sale... if that turns out like shit I'll let you know!

1 hour ago, snap said:

I love those X5s so much.

A co-worker of mine pretty much convinced me to never get one based on the experience he had with one but I hope yours serves you well

If it was the V8, I believe it. Apparently the V8s in just about any X5 is very unreliable.

1 hour ago, SteelBlue said:

Bag it on 24s

Maybe 22s 😂

35 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

Looks like you and I had similar thoughts... nice X5!!

Thanks! Clicking your thread right meow...

1 minute ago, wasnt m3 said:

Truck, no. I will say though, that you can tow much more than people give credit. I pulled a 5k lb loaded trailer with my x3 over 300 miles with no issue.

And here I was towing my m3 parts car scared out of my mind that something was going to happen to the x3 LOL

On 7/13/2018 at 9:22 PM, wasnt m3 said:

Truck, no. I will say though, that you can tow much more than people give credit. I pulled a 5k lb loaded trailer with my x3 over 300 miles with no issue.

I looked up some specs on Jake's X5 and was impressed to see some of the numbers.
It weighs more than a modern mid size truck, it has the same towing capacity as a modern mid sized truck, along with the same payload capacity. I was fairly surprised to see such large numbers from it.
I can't imagine towing 6500lbs with a 3 liter would be fun though!