WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

‘91 E30

KaiserRolls

Radiator showed up. Ended up buying a mishimoto xline z3m rad. It’s a 3 core setup which should help. The outlet showed up slightly flattened so I got like $40 back from amazon, will just tap that back out. 
Figured I’d go with mishimoto because it has a lifetime warranty and was one of the few all aluminum 3 cores I could find for a reasonable price. 

2233424F-E1AB-46B3-819D-77E2A21CF29E.jpeg

Confirmed radiator was the issue lolA799A74C-66C0-4B10-97A4-2BFEA2F05017.jpeg31A8CECD-FFC8-4414-8E20-D6C0C0C072B8.png

42A73A1A-70D3-4C27-AB69-480F55C811AC.png

must’ve hit something during the trip that made the fan push into the rad at a funny angle.

ordered a new 14” curved blade pusher fan To replace the 16” straight blade pusher. The fan will now be able to fit in the opening of the core support without hitting the top or bottom of the support (the 16” fan shroud hits the top of the core support by like .5”) 

here’s a different in core sizes 

54BCF81B-52A8-4426-B4A0-0DBBE97959D3.jpegE562898B-34E0-4916-9DA2-0EB5A2FAAF34.jpeg
B3521BE2-79BC-40BD-8BD1-9DDE8DCB410C.jpeg

I have some hoses on the way that I’ll be trying to make work

Just now, GunMetalGrey said:

That thing is quite thicc!
Don't brake too hard!

Looks like it should have plenty of cooling capacity though. What hoses are you attempting?
Did the e36 hose have too much of a back bend to it?

Poly mounts will keep the engine from visiting the radiator.
The outlets on the rad are now like an inch further back in the bay which kind of makes the angles funky for off the shelf hoses. I’ve got a combo of e36 hoses and some other stuff that I’m going to be chopping up. This motor also has the 5 series thermostat housing which kind of changes things as well

On 9/12/2020 at 5:27 PM, KaiserRolls said:

Rad outlet apparently was not circular enough, coolant all over the place. Going to see if mishimoto will warranty this POS. Another weekend shot in the ass and not driving my car at an event. angry mark cuban GIF

I'd be pissed too, I was gonna comment about Mishimoto...for the price you pay the quality seems to be poor. Obviously... I'd try to get a full refund and give your money to a more quality company. GL Bud

Just now, Nick_08 said:

I'd be pissed too, I was gonna comment about Mishimoto...for the price you pay the quality seems to be poor. Obviously... I'd try to get a full refund and give your money to a more quality company. GL Bud

Yea lesson learned. I dropped it off at a rad shop today to have them fix the outlet. We’ll see how long this one lasts. 

10 minutes ago, Nick_08 said:

Well what did Mishimoto say? BS

I’d have to fill out their online forms, send mine in, they’d either fix it or send out a new one after they inspect it. For the timeline I’m on, I’d rather not sit on my thumb waiting for a replacement that shows up in the same condition when they drop ship it from mainland China. 

On 8/20/2020 at 9:02 AM, KaiserRolls said:

Radiator showed up. Ended up buying a mishimoto xline z3m rad. It’s a 3 core setup which should help. The outlet showed up slightly flattened so I got like $40 back from amazon, will just tap that back out. 
Figured I’d go with mishimoto because it has a lifetime warranty and was one of the few all aluminum 3 cores I could find for a reasonable price. 

2233424F-E1AB-46B3-819D-77E2A21CF29E.jpeg

Lifetime warranty...this is why they offer it. Because no-one want's to take the time to send it back and wait... Pretty much a marketing scam. Sorry bud.