WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

‘91 E30

KaiserRolls

Just now, HipMF said:

Haven't really been following the 200 treadwear battle, but I'm sure it's still fierce. What made you decide to go with the Falkens?

RE71r doesn’t come in a 225/45/15

the rt660 has been shown to be pretty much on par with the RE71r, they are also cheaper than the RE71r in similar sizes 

Have been driving the car for a bit, pump still makes a noticeable whine. No leaks (hooray) from the PS system, but now I have a loud pump. Checked chase bays troubleshooting guide:

8C5EECE7-2D25-48F4-B287-FE6F26B6C93B.jpeg

the clamp I was sent is as tight as I can get it, so now I’m wondering if I have a clamp that is too large. I have to get them the PN off the clamp (which is facing the block and not easy to see) so they can figure out if what they sent me is correct. 😒

In other news my spacers show up tomorrow and I get wheels mounted on Wednesday. 
I bought a fender roller just in case lol

38EBCA63-5A12-4CF8-8966-6E2696964499.jpeg

So if anyone is curious, The RT660 is quite wide, the 200tw class battle is out of control lol

these are on a 8.5” wheel and aren’t the slightest bit stretched, could honestly probably put them on a 9” and almost be square  

C4632CD3-1AB5-4F63-A737-FC7D6F57E63E.jpeg

Due to the added chonk, i had to order a different sized spacer for the fronts because I was assuming an rs4-ish sized tire

DB31CF98-4934-4463-9583-7BA6756B4AD0.jpeg

Spacers Get here Friday & I’ll take some pics then

RT660s were great, drove pretty similar to an RE. Settled around 31 hot, which doesn’t mean much without using pyrometers but that’s where the car felt the best for me.

one issue I did have which was super frustrating was when the car would be super gripped up in a corner, the inside tire would spin up a bit. Almost felt like an open diff. 

the skid plate also slammed on some corners (better than the oil pan though) which is quite the shock mid corner. Shawano is quite the “roller coaster” though so I wouldn’t expect this to be normal behavior at 90% of the events we run. If it keeps happening I’ll raise the car and get it re-aligned. 

1A7AB35F-A29C-4DF3-90C5-A50160DFE38B.jpeg

B04C0363-9EB7-49AF-81B3-1B72F629C09F.jpeg

6600441E-477A-4257-8DA0-2BBF09DF5AA1.jpeg

1 minute ago, Boris3 said:

Bottoming out on the skid plate? Mine has saved me but that's skating over rumble strips and slamming onto the concrete gator teeth on track. What spring rates are you running and what's your ride height?

You can hear it in the video around 57/58 seconds. 8k/10k rates (450ish/570ish lbs)

here’s the ride height. As I mentioned it really only happens on the abrupt elevation changes at Shawano. Also I’m just assuming it’s the skid plate as nothing else is that low and I have no evidence of tires rubbing on anything or exhaust hitting 

EBCF37E4-2EE0-4C13-8191-03915B0DD650.jpeg

Hmm, not low at all. Those must be some wild elevation changes.  Maybe it's the picture or my eyes that makes your front negative camber look pretty intense.  

Get underneath the car and take a look for scrapes. My skidplate looks like an angry tiger went after it with claw gouges in the sheet metal. I'm at 525/700.  

1 minute ago, Boris3 said:

Hmm, not low at all. Those must be some wild elevation changes.  Maybe it's the picture or my eyes that makes your front negative camber look pretty intense.  

Get underneath the car and take a look for scrapes. My skidplate looks like an angry tiger went after it with claw gouges in the sheet metal. I'm at 525/700.  

It’s the stupid iPhone picture. I’m like -2.9° in the front 

Planned on checking the plate out, it already has a bunch of scrapes so it might be hard to discern which are Shawano related haha