WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

‘91 E30

KaiserRolls

7 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Well after driving it around a little bit for a couple days, looks like there is a super slow coolant leak. Maybe the size of a half dollar after the car sits in the garage and cools down. Looks like the heater core hose area is a likely culprit.

Also need to get a brass radiator plug instead of the plastic one, for peace of mind. I think these are m12x1.5 according @B C 

Alsox2 need to address the PS leak, seems to be weeping out of the threads on the pump. I’ve got some loctite brand hydraulic thread sealant that I’m going to try first. 

other than the annoyances above it feels awesome to get back to driving. The one time we get an earlyish spring and bat soup ruins everyone’s year 

Dont quote me on the thread size. I was high on Fun Dip when I googled that.

The reason we all cant have a drive with perfectly running cars at the same time is it would be the final straw that would end the world. It’s like having a complete row in Tetris. 
it becomes complete and disappears.

@YoungCR and @Bassboy3313 are the missing pieces

7 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Well since it snowed today, I’m sure the city salted so this will be staying parked for a bit. Gives me time to finish some crap. Sill plate clips showed up. Posting this here so I have the right PN for when I need to remove my sill plates for some dumb reason and break all the clips againAD2FECA8-1F84-4E42-989F-B82E35F7660C.jpeg

a rolls royce part, cool 

5 minutes ago, SteelBlue said:

If you are still looking for the gator clip(the shift boot plastic thing), just buy one of the cheap shift boots on eBay and cut the leather from it. I wanted to do the same for my shift boot, bought the clip alone on eBay, didn't fit at all.

I already bought a cheap MTC boot and stole the plastic retaining ring from it. It was practically half way separated when it showed up, saved me some time 

Switched to poly exhaust hangars to eliminate the side to side play which led to some annoying noises. Think I fixed the random brake fluid light that pops on the dash, if not I’ll be ordering a new cap. Also installed the wheel/spacer. The momo mod69 wheel has good girth and has basically zero flex which is what I was after. 49DAC619-6AF1-47B9-8F0D-EAAB862A009B.jpeg

I tightened up the heater core hoses a bit, we will see if that fixes the drip

• 2 weeks later...

Ditched the accordion ebrake boot and the shift boot for some suede bits.  fixed the ebrake wiring for the dash light as well  907BE5AB-AEDB-4774-B8B0-884667841933.jpeg

also removed the PS. It has been leaking like crazy lately. Ditching OEM stuff and going with -an stuff and braided lines which should show up in a few days3E04B569-68FB-4E63-A6A4-95956F993481.jpeg

Changed the oil too.