WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

‘91 E30

KaiserRolls

• 2 months later...

Did you say that you were going to dye it? Forget what you said in the FB chat.

I think it took like 4 cans of the duplicolor stuff to do mine. Like others have said, black floor mats will cover the wear parts. I just bought these ones.

I rented one of the carpet steamers from Home Depot before hand, worked really well, makes a huge difference.

2 hours ago, SteelBlue said:

Did you say that you were going to dye it? Forget what you said in the FB chat.

I think it took like 4 cans of the duplicolor stuff to do mine. Like others have said, black floor mats will cover the wear parts. I just bought these ones.

I rented one of the carpet steamers from Home Depot before hand, worked really well, makes a huge difference.

thanks for info on the mats 
@straight6pwr has offered up his old carpet which looks to be gray/anthracite or whatever. Think I’ll just try cleaning that one up really well. If it doesn’t clean up all that well I’ll try the dye route 

2 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

thanks for info on the mats 
@straight6pwr has offered up his old carpet which looks to be gray/anthracite or whatever. Think I’ll just try cleaning that one up really well. If it doesn’t clean up all that well I’ll try the dye route 

I had the gray carpet in my car and used a couple cans of black SEM carpet dye and it worked very well - turned out much better than I anticipated it turning out. 

I assume the SEM stuff is better, but has anyone had experience with using this:

Image result for fabric rit dye

You can buy it just about anywhere is and is super cheap. I have used red over white in the past and it worked well for the purpose, and it seems there are quite a few guys online that have used it with good results.

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, patsbimmer1 said:

Epic.  Absolutely epic.  Any detailed instructions on installation?  What other brands did you comp before you chose to go with the OEM floor mat?

I just messaged some motoring life garage place and told the guy there to order me some. He gave me the run around about how I don’t own a 1er but I sent him money anyways 

Purchased some bummerworld floor plates for the new seats, new clips for the sill plates, new clips for the doorcards, firewall steering shaft boot and new boot mount from a dude on r3v (needed for making the boot work with the different steering shaft angle associated with the z3 rack), side mounts for seats, vac seat belt receptacle mounts and a manual gas pedal stop as mine was still the auto kickdown switch thing. 

hopefully that’s all I need to get the interior finished off