WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Non-BMW Stuff on a BMW Forum

gilber33

you could certainly shove the 90 deg connectors into the straight housing, but you may need to modify it, and there would be no back cap that holds the plugs in. maybe you could just epoxy them in? you could also skip the plug housing completely and plug the connectors right into the sensor, you'd just have to remember/label the locations.

i believe the 90deg plug might also be found on e36s, although realoem barely shows the existence of the part number. someone here parting an e36 maybe has one?

1 hour ago, straight6pwr said:

you could certainly shove the 90 deg connectors into the straight housing, but you may need to modify it, and there would be no back cap that holds the plugs in. maybe you could just epoxy them in? you could also skip the plug housing completely and plug the connectors right into the sensor, you'd just have to remember/label the locations.

i believe the 90deg plug might also be found on e36s, although realoem barely shows the existence of the part number. someone here parting an e36 maybe has one?

That's definitely something to look into.

I bought the connector and pigtail from someone and when I got it, the wires were bad and the connector fell apart when i accidentally sneezed on it. 

On 11/5/2019 at 9:13 AM, P_Roloff said:

I bought the centric rebuilt from turner motor sports when I snapped a bleeder on one of my stock calipers, no complaints. Everything worked well. Not sure why there’s such a significant price difference between them and FCP. 

Did exactly the same ...for the same reason. Snug that bleeder a little more...doh

59 minutes ago, gilber33 said:

I definitely need one. The one on the car is trash and the spare I picked up isn’t in great shape either. If I don’t find a used one I’ll get the plug and connectors and make it fit. 

Send me a picture of what it looks like (You have my #) and I can take a look in my pigtail bin!

Got a lot of the ac stuff mocked up. Need o rings.

4E924342-8900-4549-955B-C88561EB2FAC.jpeg

D331B985-E02E-4C72-9AA5-10BB0EE91CFD.jpeg

Carpets are out and have one rust hole in the driver side  corner and one on the passenger floor. Looks like there was a plug there that allowed some rust to happen or something.

5BBA0502-FA9C-42D7-BC7D-9DAA0DCA5A99.jpeg

EBFDAE19-7995-4490-BB63-60B897471DDF.jpeg

88AA51C7-F895-4660-B1FA-5DDE5B6461BA.jpeg

It also looks like someone tried jacking the car up by the floor pan since it was all pushed in. A couple minutes later with a big hammer and that’s all straightened out.

542923C3-E9EA-454B-ACA0-4C0FB4C27465.jpeg

Now to figure out how to address that hole in the corner. 

Anyone have recommendations for best place to get AC o-rings? FCP doesn't carry all of them. AutohausAZ and Pelican Parts do (as well as a couple other things I was going to get) but I have not shopped through either of those stores before.

Amazon sells some o-ring kits, but BMW says I need a 7.65 mm o-ring and the kit has a 7.8 mm o-ring, I need a 11.1 mm o-ring and the kit has an 11 mm o-ring, or I need a 17.12 mm o ring and the kit has a 17 mm o ring. I don't know if that's a big deal or if the o-ring would still work. 

If you have a realoem part number search the FCP site by number rather than by car. Sometimes stuff isn't cross listed. You can also call. 

I've used Pelican in the past without issue. Typically would take longer to ship given west coast location.  They were bought by ECS in 2017.

I've also used Autohaus AZ in the past for a few things but have not dealt with them for a long while.

Can anyone chime in if this looks correct? Installing the revshift TAB are a pain in the ass. I got one side in but it seems like there’s a gap where there shouldn’t be. The metal sleeve feels like it’s a 1/16” too long which means when the bushings are fully pressed in the sleeves protrudes past the bushing on each side a bit. So when they’re mounted to the subframe, I had to pound the trailing arms into the mounts, then because the sleeve is longer than the bushing, it creates a small gap between the trailing arm and the inside edge of the bushing  

240154B5-9E48-45FD-9766-FC26F4F2FBBB.jpeg

1377B93D-1BD6-4096-97FF-AB3B1AA004C7.jpeg

here’s the other side where you can see it a little better. 

794DCE67-4BE1-4761-BC03-DFFFD8299FE5.jpeg

661974AD-36DF-46B4-84B2-09779E46F367.jpeg

I don't believe you want a gap in the bushings. A quick internet search I found a lot of images of them tight against the arm with a little gap between the subframe and arm. I would need to look back through my thread to see how mine looked, but I can reassure you the bushings should be tight to the arms.

Image result for E30 rear trailing arm bushingsImage result for E30 rear trailing arm bushings

13 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

I don't believe you want a gap in the bushings. A quick internet search I found a lot of images of them tight against the arm with a little gap between the subframe and arm. I would need to look back through my thread to see how mine looked, but I can reassure you the bushings should be tight to the arms.

Image result for E30 rear trailing arm bushingsImage result for E30 rear trailing arm bushings

Everything I have found suggests the same thing. I would believe that the sleeve should be the same length as the bushing when it's pressed in so you hare tightening the arm into the subframe and remove all gaps. But the sleeve being longer than the bushings when they're pressed in is giving me this gap. I know the rubber bushings have a small gap between the arm and the subframe, but they're fixed to trailing arm, they can't slide side to side, where these can. 

Fucking revshift.

Now - do I trim the sleeves or call revshift and deal with that bullshit again. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

19 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

Return them and buy something else. Thats super annoying. I would have wanted a refund before they even arrived.

I'm so excited to talk to them again. 

Looking at Garagistic's, they're sleeve is flush with the bushings: 

image.png

I am incredibly annoyed. My wife is due on the 29th with our third kid and this is one thing I wanted done before the baby came because it's a relatively time consuming and dirty job. I need to order something today so they're here by this weekend hopefully. 

5 minutes ago, Boris3 said:

That person has the opposite issue. Their sleeve is too short.

I can try installing them again with their method. But even when the bushings were fully seated, and the sleeve installed, the sleeve stuck out one side 1/16" or so. I had to use a mallet to pound the trailing arms into the subframe brackets because the sleeve was that much wider than the bracket. 

• gilber33 changed the title to Non-BMW Stuff on a BMW Forum