WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Non-BMW Stuff on a BMW Forum

gilber33

26 minutes ago, SteelBlue said:

Yes, the Depo smoked smileys with the cross hairs. I was looking at purchasing them but wanted to know what the wiring process was like.

I have Depo and they are the same plugs as any OEM euro lights. The wiring is easy. The connectors Depo supplies for the headlights lights are only half of what you need, you'll want to get some OEM headlight plugs for euro spec lights. The connectors they supply for the city lights are sufficient for tapping into your side markers.

Its the same as swapping to euro headlights. You can search on the internet and find write-ups.  This DIY is quick to the point: http://www.rtsauto.com/e30-euro-smiley-conversion-from-sealed-beams-or-us-ellipsoids/

4 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

I have Depo and they are the same plugs as any OEM euro lights. The wiring is easy. The connectors Depo supplies for the headlights lights are only half of what you need, you'll want to get some OEM headlight plugs for euro spec lights. The connectors they supply for the city lights are sufficient for tapping into your side markers.

Its the same as swapping to euro headlights. You can search on the internet and find write-ups.  This DIY is quick to the point: http://www.rtsauto.com/e30-euro-smiley-conversion-from-sealed-beams-or-us-ellipsoids/

I will be contacting you in the future with any other questions. Thank you.

2 hours ago, SteelBlue said:

I will be contacting you in the future with any other questions. Thank you.

Confirmed they are Depo. 

Question: tonight I started putting the power steering stuff back together. And I cannot remember how all the brackets worked on the pump. Can someone tell me if this looks right? It doesnt feel right and I don't see how it would allow for the tensioner to even work. 

20180820_234935.jpg

20180820_234959.jpg

Fixed a few things on the e46: window regulator, windshield cowl, and new heater control valve. Someone at some point bypasses the heater valve and the AC was pretty weak. 

20180827_212001.jpg

I was also in Malibu this past weekend for a friends wedding and got to drive a couple of his cars as well as a friend's S52 swapped E30 in the canyons. It was an absolute blast and gave me renewed motivation to get my e30 done. 

20180825_113951.jpg

Does anyone have some pics of what hoses, or could describe to me, what hoses go to the heater core? 

From what I can gather the top hose goes to the hard pipe on the back of the block and the bottom hose is the large one from the thermostat and reservoir? 

I found some coolant hose diagrams, but its difficult to tell which ones go to the heater core. 

14 hours ago, jc43089 said:

You need that ring for it to clamp properly.  Does it show as a separate part in realoem?  I can't remember if that comes with a regulator or not.

Edit:  Or do you just mean it cracked but still will be in place?  It is just a spacer so if it is just cracked that probably won't matter.

It crumbled into a bunch of pieces, but a friend locally came to the rescue and has the spacer and o ring. 

Now, sorry if this has been asked but I tried searching the internet for reviews but couldn't find any. Has anyone used this swaybar before?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162678681936

Screenshot_20180904-215953_eBay.jpg

• gilber33 changed the title to Non-BMW Stuff on a BMW Forum